Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here's a video break and Q&A of new Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Mr. Olds is a big boy (too easy, I won't go there) and can defend himself. While his and your incomes are both none of my concern, I was responding to AIC that poeple may be jealous of the fact that he can play with baseball cards all day. My point was that I had 2nd hand, someone insane information, that Beckett didn't pay a whole lot, and that while playing with baseball cards is great, a job that allows one to do so but barely pays anything is far from something to be jealous of.

Always taking the highroad, with little backhanded jabs.

Good grief, it's uncanny.

You're a condescending dick in every aspect it seems.

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
Since I work for Beckett, I will chime in ...

I took a job at Beckett over the summer and make more money than I do at my previous job. I live comfortably in NY and my bills are paid every month WHILE I still have enough to buy cards.

So, I think the pay here is A-OK.

When it comes to opening boxes of cards ... I can't help but enjoy things that I open. This is supposed to be FUN. We're supposed to have a good time enjoying this great hobby.

There are issues in the hobby, but enjoying a box of cards is not one of them. One of the things I realized while doing reviews is that not every box is made for every collector. Some sets are for high-end people, others are for set collectors, and, yes, some are just bad. But you have to put yourself in the mindset of the collector that product was made for to understand if it was good or not.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
There are issues in the hobby, but enjoying a box of cards is not one of them. One of the things I realized while doing reviews is that not every box is made for every collector. Some sets are for high-end people, others are for set collectors, and, yes, some are just bad. But you have to put yourself in the mindset of the collector that product was made for to understand if it was good or not.
So theres never an instance when the majority of collectors totally hate a product or certain set?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
You really got that from what she said?

Did you read the whole thread or is following me around your sole purpose on this board?

There are complaints that Chris Olds never downs a product even when it sucks.

Yanxchick seemed to be responding to that by stating not every product is for each collector. IMO, she is implying that there are no bad products because each product suits different types of collectors. Seems like Beckett fails to grade certain products by pretty much saying every product is good when we know this not to be true.

Do you need me to explain any thing else to you or are you going to start using your brain from now on?

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Did you read the whole thread or is following me around your sole purpose on this board?

There are complaints that Chris Olds never downs a product even when it sucks.

Yanxchick seemed to be responding to that by stating not every product is for each collector. IMO, she is implying that there are no bad products because each product suits different types of collectors. Seems like Beckett fails to grade certain products by pretty much saying every product is good when we know this not to be true.

Do you need me to explain any thing else to you or are you going to start using your brain from now on?

What I took from her post is that if she, or anyone, enjoys opening a product, then why would they "bash" the product. Clearly she, and Olds, enjoy opening the products, so they are not going to sit there and XXXXX about how they didn't make their money back... that they didn't even spend because they got the box/boxes for free. Who in their right mind would XXXXX about a free box they just opened. I think you need a break from the internet, kid. Your ****** level is about as high as it gets and it seems like NO ONE likes you. Maybe you should go hang out with the kids at BO where you fit in MUCH better.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
What I took from her post is that if she, or anyone, enjoys opening a product, then why would they "bash" the product. Clearly she, and Olds, enjoy opening the products, so they are not going to sit there and XXXXX about how they didn't make their money back... that they didn't even spend because they got the box/boxes for free. Who in their right mind would XXXXX about a free box they just opened. I think you need a break from the internet, kid. Your ****** level is about as high as it gets and it seems like NO ONE likes you. Maybe you should go hang out with the kids at BO where you fit in MUCH better.

I don't think any reasonable person would expect to make their money back from opening a box of baseball cards. Just like Loblaw and many others on here have stated, Beckett is in a position to better the hobby and give honest reviews but they fail to do so. They cater to card companies instead of the collectors who purchase their products. Sports card reviews should have less to do with profit and enjoyment out of free boxes and more to do with player check lists, card conditions, design and any other concern most collectors would want addressed. The collectors are the ones buying the product! You follow me around purposely to start arguements so whos the real ******?

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Uhhh, no. I'm just posting in the forum and you happen to be in the same forum. I couldn't care less about you, but if what you say is right there in front of me and it's lame or awesome, I will say something. :rolleyes:

Thats what you got out of that? Just quote and respond to the least important part of my post. Welcome to my ignore list.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts