Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOFer Auto mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Got HOFer Auto number 147 today!! Almost halfway there (there are 297 HOFers).

Satchel Paige Letter

009-1.jpg

Let me know what you think

dinodak

Oct 12, 2008
I'm curious what kind of authentication it came with since it looks secretarial to me. The 'P' in Paige doesn't look right at all.

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
I'm curious what kind of authentication it came with since it looks secretarial to me. The 'P' in Paige doesn't look right at all.

I'm curious, too. I've been looking for a Paige ball for a while, and that signature doesnt look like anything I've seen.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I do have to agree that the signature looks a bit different than his normal "autograph" signature. It's possible he has used 2 different types in the past, but it doesn't look like 5 that I have (including 1 from his MLB career days).

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Agreed at that price. It might not be worth sending to JSA due to the prices they charge for Paige certification, but it's still a cool item. You may just want to pick up another Paige at some point (I'd suggest the Goof Pants team set if you can find one).

It could be secretarial. There was no cert. for $40 I still like it. Cool item.

Members online

Latest posts