Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Honus Wagner Fold Out card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whodeynation765

Apr 22, 2012
After hearing about the notorious "Black Swamp Find" and our very own Wagner/Unicorn find, I decided to take a sledgehammer to my grandma's turn of the century home. After creating 36 holes of varied size and finding nothing of consequence I was about to give up but I asked if FCB would want me to quit? Hell no. They'd want me to "rip" away. And rip away is exactly what I did. Sorry for the pic not being the best but I'm literally still shaking. I'm guessing these are rare but how rare I have no clue. I'll defer to the vintage experts. Oh and this is NFS currently but I do have two young sons to put through college at some point. Thanks for the look..now go wipe the drool off your chin.
7555805602_40ea3261e1_z.jpg

I know you said NFS but would you be willing to trade? I GOTTA HAVE THESE...please LMK thanks!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I know you said NFS but would you be willing to trade? I GOTTA HAVE THESE...please LMK thanks!

So glad you asked! I decided to continue "drilling for oil" and think I hit the jackpot! I decided to put the sledgehammer down and decided on a more precise tool. I drilled approximately 67 holes in my grandmother's laundry room and stopped when this beauty was staring back at me! This day can't get any better! Finding vintage stuffed inside drywall? Are you kidding me?

In wall photo:

7555936734_4ee61343d6_z.jpg

Full Scan:
49dcb2fd85cbc_75577b.jpg

What PSA grade do you guys think? I'm guessing 9 but a 10 is not out of the question!

whodeynation765

Apr 22, 2012
So glad you asked! I decided to continue "drilling for oil" and think I hit the jackpot! I decided to put the sledgehammer down and decided on a more precise tool. I drilled approximately 67 holes in my grandmother's laundry room and stopped when this beauty was staring back at me! This day can't get any better! Finding vintage stuffed inside drywall? Are you kidding me?

In wall photo:

7555936734_4ee61343d6_z.jpg

Full Scan:
49dcb2fd85cbc_75577b.jpg

What PSA grade do you guys think? I'm guessing 9 but a 10 is not out of the question!

Just me or does that look like Bill Cowher?

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
I was so upset at everyone's luck of finding valuable cards in side drywall that I accidentally punched a whole in my smoothie cup at work. Imagine my surprise...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1342111775.835806.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1342111775.835806.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 286

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
doesnt match any known vintage sets. Like others said the description matches the T201 set, but Honus Wagner is not found in T201 or most of the Tobacco sets (except T206, T216). Heinie Wagner is also not in the set. There are only 2 other sets that have a Honus Wagner ii it and folding pieces, the very rare 1912 J=K (J. Koenigsberg Co.) set has a Wagner portrait card and there is a fold in the forehead (box lid fold),and technically if it the complete box there is a player on back too...., and then there is the E125 cards that have folding flaps at bottom, there are 2 Wagners, batting and throwing, but only one player per card, very rare as well.

Thank you for the second relevant post in this thread. Mods please clean this thread up.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Hey, I just got word that a friend just found a Honus Wagner Fold out card while renovating his house, found inside a wall. There are 2 players and folds at the waist. Any idea what this is and possible value?

The only fold-out sets are from the "T" tobacco designation. Interestingly, only two ACC "T" sets feature Wagner on the checklist....the "common" T206 Wagner and the much scarcer T216 People's Tobacco (Kotton, Mino, Miner's Extra) Louisiana issue set. Sounds like your friend found a modern fantasy piece.

doesnt match any known vintage sets. Like others said the description matches the T201 set, but Honus Wagner is not found in T201 or most of the Tobacco sets (except T206, T216). Heinie Wagner is also not in the set. There are only 2 other sets that have a Honus Wagner ii it and folding pieces, the very rare 1912 J=K (J. Koenigsberg Co.) set has a Wagner portrait card and there is a fold in the forehead (box lid fold),and technically if it the complete box there is a player on back too...., and then there is the E125 cards that have folding flaps at bottom, there are 2 Wagners, batting and throwing, but only one player per card, very rare as well.

Thank you for the second relevant post in this thread. Mods please clean this thread up.

Oh they will after you
435760d1332433644-how-do-i-clean-wheat-pennies-useless_without_pics_2.gif.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I love this thread. Mods, please don't clean it up! That would be messed up.

To the OP, I'll believe you when I see the pic however I won't say you're lying... maybe your friend is. This leads me to saying, if you make statements like these on any forums, back them up with pictures to avoid any negative comments. That's just some advice, take it or leave it but you'll see that in the long run it's better that way. You'll also be more respected.

Really? I don't see what the big deal is. He didn't offer the card for sale, he wasn't even bragging about his awesome find... he's just trying to find out what the card is.

Members online