Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hope the bidders know its a fake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230901_193341_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_193341_eBay.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20230901_193656_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_193656_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 32

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice concise info. Its too bad we always have to wonder with older issues and that type of thing. I am not sure I would ever trust a fancy patch in a card older than current year issue, while the packs are still being broken in quantity. Once the primary issue time passes, anything can (and does) happen!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I collect these cards and was excited when I got an ebay notification about this listing. But I knew it was fake in 2 seconds. The gold border and "jersey" instead of "patch" are dead giveaways. Plus I have never seen a WBC logo on these cards, only name/number patches, but I guess it could happen.

There was a Pujols last month that was similar. Sad but unpreventable since you can't message bidders directly anymore.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
I collect these cards and was excited when I got an ebay notification about this listing. But I knew it was fake in 2 seconds. The gold border and "jersey" instead of "patch" are dead giveaways. Plus I have never seen a WBC logo on these cards, only name/number patches, but I guess it could happen.

There was a Pujols last month that was similar. Sad but unpreventable since you can't message bidders directly anymore.
Yup, all under the guise of privacy and anti harassment they simply promoted guaranteed sales commission for themselves and less accountability for themselves.

Excellent business move from position of strength on their part.

Ebay was far better for buyers when sales were transparent and bidders weren't anonymity, except for eBay themselves because they were then accountable to usdocumenting shillers.

Seller keeps it priced Below eBay auth $threshold, ignores my message telling him its a fake with the proof (he knows, or he would have replied/taken it down) and moves a 5 dollar card for 40.

Members online

Latest posts