Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Horizontal Sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
With 2017 Archives having 1960 (my favorite set of the 60's) style cards in them, would a new horizontal designed set blow current collectors minds? They've been looking at 99% vertical for years.

What do you think?

Fordman

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a set collector who keeps my sets in binders, I'd love a new horizontal set.

Horizontal cards also allow for more epic and creative photographs.
Remember all the cool horizontal shots in the '91 and '92 Topps sets?

And just like shooting video on your phone, horizontal is more natural and doesn't feel like you have blinders on.
There's a reason movie screens and HDTVs are horizontal.

1991+fisk.jpg

clemens+91T_NEW.jpg

1992-topps-strawberry.jpg

1999-topps-griffey-best-card.jpg

136778.jpg

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It would have its lovers and its haters, as demonstrated above. Especially if it's all one type of photo. All portraits is pretty boring. And while horizontal lends itself to action shots, that can be boring, too. 1960 hedges with 2 photos on each card, so its design is actually a somewhat more efficient use of space, and minimizes wasted space in the portrait part. But a lot of people hate that design, too, with the B&W photo and alternating text colors.

But I think we can all agree it would be awesome if every card looked like this:
holliday-mini.jpg

Members online

Latest posts