Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Horrible News About HOFer Gary Carter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
As a brain tumor survivor, my prayers are with him.

My tumor was found in 2005 between my brain's outer membrane and my skull. It was the size of a man's fist but benign, thank God. Surgery was successful, although I do have another small (pea-sized, thank God) benign tumor now.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Thats terrible news. My heart just sank thinking that he's only 57 years old. It makes one think that he spent his whole life outdoors(yeah i know Olympic Satdium) in the fresh air.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
Wow, that is awful news. Gary Carter is a true class act. We had him in to do a signing at our card store back in 1998 and at the time my dad was terminal with cancer. Gary personalized an autograph/letter to my dad wishing him well. Hopefully someone will do the same for Gary in his time of need. God Speed Gary Carter!

mjsch

Feb 16, 2011
Kansas
Always loved this PSA... played during the Bug Bunny commercial break... "it's not cool anymore" :lol:

[youtube:1plawq0i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cOvz3Jx7oo[/youtube:1plawq0i]

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6613002
"Doctors treating Gary Carter have confirmed that he has glioblastoma, a form of cancer which affects the brain and central nervous system"

Tragic news. Doctors say that surgery is not an option and will go through an aggressive treatment plan. Unless a miracle happens, his days look to be numbered. Go spend it with friends and family til the end. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Carter family.

Went to the Met game last night and they played a tribute of all his greatest moments on the big screen. People gave it a standing ovation from the time it went on till 5 minutes after it ended. I tell you there was some wet eyes in the crowd. Fan favorite for sure. Gary has a very strong faith. I hope he is the one in three million that can beat it...

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
A glioblastoma took my dad's life too soon, at the age of 54. He was diagnosed on Dec 1, 1993 and died within a year after multiple surgeries, chemotherapy, and radiation treatment. I hope that Gary gets much longer than that after about 20 years of medical advancement.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts