Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How did your PC come to be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
Why you collect who you do and when did you started collecting them.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Whenever I got a promo or sample card sent to my store in the late 90s, early 00s, I always put them in a box.

Years of doing this gave me a nice sized collection of them without really trying.

A few years ago, I decided to go through the box and sort out the baseball.

I figured that since I had a head start and often find these cards in discount boxes (which I always dig through), why not collect them?

Now, I have over 1,000 different promos spanning from baseball to endanger species and everything in between.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Started in 86 by accident. Never thought it would be a lifelong addiction. Never really saw Rickey play until he came to the Yankees in 85. He was just amazing to watch. Totally controlled the game when he was on. Should have won MVP in 85.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Moved to Fort Worth in 2007 and started collecting after a 9 year break.
Started going to a bunch of Rangers games and started buying singles.

Sold/traded most non Rangers cards over the last few years.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
back in 1991/1992 my son got me back ito collecting

1992collecting.jpg

CFD1415

Jun 7, 2013
Mocksville, NC
Lifelong St Louis Cardinals Fan And Chris Carpenter Is My Favorite Player. I Feel His Intensity Is Unmatched. Hate To See Him At The End Of His Baseball Road

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
I collect darryl strawberry! He hit the first homerun I ever saw I was 8 years old and I am 33 now and I have collected him ever since through the good times and the bad times and I will continue!!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
back in 1991/1992 my son got me back ito collecting

1992collecting.jpg

There's some of those sweet Rookie Sensations that have come up lately again. I still blame the insane prices of those Thomas cards for causing me to leave the hobby for over a decade lol

Flip_and_Rip

Oct 5, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Former player: Bo Jackson baseball and football. Amazing athlete, too bad career was cut short.

Current: Mike Trout, reminds me a lot of Bo, in regards to their athleticism on the field.

Buster Posey, best player on my favorite team.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Golf: Bo Van Pelt-local Richmond, IN guy and I play in his golf tournament yearly. Try to pick up his rare items.
8109879058_c204c41650.jpg

#2 /10 Red RC

Baseball: Lorenzo Scott-played college football with him (yes, he was a two-sport athlete)
Pick up these whenever I see them. Zo was a hell of a LB and tremendous athlete.

7154522854_368d21be0a.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Glen Perkins spent his entire baseball career (except for MiLB teams) in Minnesota up to this point. I love Minnesota, and I love baseball, so it was a good fit for a PC I guess.

Matt Read is probably the most prominent player to come from BSU in its 70+ year history. Love BSU hockey.

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I collect Anthony Rendon. I used to PC Hunter Pence, but I jumped off the wagon when he was traded from my Astros to the Phillies, and I started looking for someone new to PC. The Astros are my favorite team, but they had no active players that got me excited, so I started considering other teams. The MLB draft had just passed, and Houston local product Rendon was just taken by the Nats, who were my 2nd favorite team due to the exciting young talent they had, so I decided to go with Rendon. I have a pretty nice PC, and it will be a LOT nicer if Topps will ever get him to sign some of the 8 products he currently has outstanding redemptions in, because I'm waiting on some REALLY nice ones, including multiple 1/1 autographs.

JHeyKolektor24

Oct 14, 2013
Central TX
Ive collected since the early 90's. In 2010 i was in my LCS and bought three packs of allen and ginter. Pulled a heyward auto and that is what jump-started my heyward madness. Recently ive been selling off most of my stuff and focusing on supercollecting his 2007 Bowman DPP cards. getting close to 1000

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Sure seems like theres one of these threads every couple of months. Doesnt bother me. Thank goodness for copy and paste :p

Back in 94 I visited my aunt in Baton Rouge. While there, she gave me the option of taking a trip towards Florida, or into Texas. Well, Houston had the space center and we could see the astrodome. So we went to Houston, and saw the astrodome, took the tour, and stuck around to see the Astros lose to the reds. Came back to the Bay Area an Astros fan, and started hoarding the Astros cards my friends were pulling out of packs. I concentrated on Biggio at first (I played second in little league), but then soon my Bagwell stack was getting much taller. Seeing how there were more cards for Bagwell (at the time - remember, 1994), I switched my primary collection to Bags. Been collecting Bagwell ever since.

Sure seems like theres one of these threads every couple of months. Doesnt bother me. Thank goodness for copy and paste :p

Back in 94 I visited my aunt in Baton Rouge. While there, she gave me the option of taking a trip towards Florida, or into Texas. Well, Houston had the space center and we could see the astrodome. So we went to Houston, and saw the astrodome, took the tour, and stuck around to see the Astros lose to the reds. Came back to the Bay Area an Astros fan, and started hoarding the Astros cards my friends were pulling out of packs. I concentrated on Biggio at first (I played second in little league), but then soon my Bagwell stack was getting much taller. Seeing how there were more cards for Bagwell (at the time - remember, 1994), I switched my primary collection to Bags. Been collecting Bagwell ever since.

and now I have most of his Biggio cards :)

tchronis24

Oct 5, 2013
Started collecting Kemp after the first time i met him 2 years ago at Citi Field. Really cool guy. I got a picture with him and his auto. I turned to cards to obtain some of his memorbilia and ever since then have gone mad trying to buy his cards.

Members online

Latest posts