Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do we get card shops more involved with FCB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I know having a retail store has helped bringing people in.

What could we do as a forum to make card shop owners want to associate with this website?

I have a few ideas, but want to see if there are better ones out there.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The contest you had a while ago was a good idea I thought. You had FCB members post a picture of them at their LCS with their purchase, and give the shop's address. Then there was a draw for a store credit at the winning member's LCS. I think you arranged with the winning shop and FCB paid for the store credit (was it $150?).

Might be difficult to get shop owners on board, and I don't know how feasable it'd be for you, but maybe you could do a similiar contest on a monthly basis. Only this time the shop provides the store credit and in exchange you give them free banner on the the FCB website for the month (or some other perk to promote their store).

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
There are realistically not many shops out there so why not give them a platform on the boards to list inventory for online sales that doesnt cost them money? FCB Marketplace? Obviously something like the Beckett Marketplace but dont charge them and make it only available to card shops.

Dont know if thats feasible. But its just an idea

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Honestly, I think a better route would be setting up more at big shows.

I'm at every white plains show & most long island (twice a yr) shows & only once do I remember seeing an fcb banner or info.

With the amount of collectors from every single category imaginable at these shows, id think new posters would be found in droves.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Honestly, I think a better route would be setting up more at big shows.

I'm at every white plains show & most long island (twice a yr) shows & only once do I remember seeing an fcb banner or info.

With the amount of collectors from every single category imaginable at these shows, id think new posters would be found in droves.

More than likely cost prohibitive for Chris directly. I assume FCB members would need to raise the banner and provide info that their tables.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Or actually maybe run a similar contest to what i ran but have it where the card shops promote an FCB contest to where a customer creates an account on FCB and has to post in a contest thread and set a date (3-6 months later?) and randomly pick 3 winners one grand prize of $300 and two runner ups that get $100 and the money is given as credit to their local card shop. or maybe one grand prize $500 winner.

Dont know if you want money like that involved or what but obviously my numbers are just examples. but the bigger the money the better the contest.

You can make up fliers have the contest start the week of the national and hand them out to a ton of dealers but make sure it specifys brick and mortar stores only.

just an idea that could be expanded on.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
A virtual online showcase for shop owners! If updated regularly and the prices arent too crazy it may work. People could then look at what they have before hitting the shop maybe to take a few more bucks along.

But this require a store database, stores to scan and update inventory and a nice interface. Which isnt easy.

Last edited:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Ken, I wonder how many store addresses current FCB could supply? Fliers could go out based upon this kind of a list.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Ken, I wonder how many store addresses current FCB could supply? Fliers could go out based upon this kind of a list.

we go online find as many as we can, have members look in their yellow pages. im sure we could get a lot of shops addresses. they may not all want to get involved but im sure many would.

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
I think having a spot where us shop owners can post info about our shops, what promotions we are running, important dates ( Such as pack wars, autograph signers, Trade nights) as well as a place we can put stuff we are looking to buy? Also a sport to put a special coupon for members of this site that they can bring in for a discount?

Members online

Latest posts