Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how do you see the yankees catcher position going next 5 yrs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidman232

Sep 17, 2008
kansas city
posada is getting up there in age. With Cervelli, Montero, and Romine how will the situation play out in the next 5 yrs in your opinion?

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Cervelli's little flash of brilliance was enough, I think, to increase his trade value a lot. I think he'll wind up being traded. Montero will back up Posada and play DH until Posada retires, at which time one of four things will happen:

1. The Yanks will have drafted a catcher
2. The Yanks will have signed a good catcher in free agency
3. Montero will flat-out take over.
4. Romine will take over at catcher and Montero will DH (Sorry, Nick Johnson)

Ant

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
aminors said:
Cervelli's little flash of brilliance was enough, I think, to increase his trade value a lot. I think he'll wind up being traded. Montero will back up Posada and play DH until Posada retires, at which time one of four things will happen:

1. The Yanks will have drafted a catcher
2. The Yanks will have signed a good catcher in free agency
3. Montero will flat-out take over.
4. Romine will take over at catcher and Montero will DH (Sorry, Nick Johnson)

Ant

The Yanks don't need to draft another catcher. They have Montero, Romine, Sanchez and Murphy. Probably the deepest position they have in the minors.

I really think Romine would be the everyday catcher. I saw him in Trenton the other day and the kid can hit and have a great arm. I was surprised to see his opposite fielder power.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
J.R. Murphy will become a everyday player for the yankees within 5 years. If not here it will be at some place in the bigs. The yankees like trading there top prospects so expect Montero or Rominie to be traded with one staying to be the catcher an the other one gone.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
After the draft, the Yankees offer Montero, Hughes, Hideki Matsui and $20M to the Nationals for Bryce Harper. The Nats, who let their Sporting News subscription lapse, accept. Bud Selig snorfingly approves the trade, and the Nationals play the rest of the season with a 2-man outfield, blaming the lack of competitiveness on the difficulty of Matsui getting a plane large enough to accommodate his ***** collection, and language issues.

After smoother-than-expected negotiations, Harper makes his pro debut on a glorious August day in the Bronx. All previous tickets are cancelled, and new tickets are sold with an extra zero on the price. During warmup pitches before the first inning, Harper rifles one back to Sabathia at over 300 mph, exhorting him to "get pumped." CC manages to duck, but the ball rebounds off the centerfield wall, coming straight back and knocking Harper out cold. He recovers with a concussion and blurred vision, terminating his nascent career. Steinbrenner Sr. has one last moment of glory, taking Harper to court to invalidate the guaranteed portion of his contract, arguing that 'Bu-z-- Hannr' is not a legally binding signature. The judge, an old Expos fan, agrees, returning Harper's right to the Nats, the $20M trade offer to the Yankees, and sentences Hughes to make at least 25 posts a day on beckett.com newsgroups.

Meanwhile, the Pope visits New York and beatifies Derek Jeter right on the field when he makes his 2805th hit, passing Zach Wheat for the all-time New York major league baseball record, despite this total still not matching even 2/3 of Pete Rose's total, or his not being Catholic. His two miracles are listed as 'the flip' and 'the dive.' All his exes attend the ceremony, occupying section 548 in left field.

Finally, the Phillies return to the World Series and win for the second time in three years. But ESPN sells commemorative "2805" edition hoodies and sneakerphones in between reports on the way the Yankees and their goomahs will spend the winter.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
smapdi said:
After the draft, the Yankees offer Montero, Hughes, Hideki Matsui and $20M to the Nationals for Bryce Harper. The Nats, who let their Sporting News subscription lapse, accept. Bud Selig snorfingly approves the trade, and the Nationals play the rest of the season with a 2-man outfield, blaming the lack of competitiveness on the difficulty of Matsui getting a plane large enough to accommodate his ***** collection, and language issues.

When did the Angels trade Matsui back to the Yankees?

Members online

Latest posts