Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how does a pitcher lose this game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I will give you the answer. Rays pitcher comes in for the top of the 10th inning gets 3 up 3 down no hits no walks no errors no hit by batter and loses the game. You start the 10th inning with a runner on 2nd. 1st batter flys out runner tags and goes to 3rd 1 out. Next batter flys out runner at 3rd tags and scores 2 outs. 3rd batter flys out. end of the inning Rays go 3 up and 3 down in bottom of 10th Rays lose 3 -2. Can you imagine the 7th game of the World Series ending like that? Well can you rob manfred. now do you get what t I am talking about?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Can you imagine the 7th game of the World Series ending like that?

The rule wasn't in place during the 2020 postseason and, though I can't see anything expressly saying as much, I doubt it will be in place for the 2022 postseason either.

With that said, I'm also not a fan of the rule: too many fond memories of growing up watching AAA baseball games that kept stretching on inning after inning, and wondering when they might end. But maybe that's just a "back in my day it was better" reaction.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I hate the rule...it's stupid to play by different rules in extra innings after playing a full 9 innings without a Manfred runner. They want to shorten games? Try calling a strike every time the batter steps out of the box after just watching a pitch.

Members online

Latest posts