Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How High Will it GO? Mark McGwire 1/1 ..OMG $2200 !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 10, 2008
onionring9 said:
Mark McGwire Museum said:
onionring9 said:
Congrats Jay! When I saw the winning bid ID it didn't look like yours so I got worried you got shafted on your bday. Congratulations!!

Thanks Joe! I thought "the doctor" was going to come stronger, but someone else sure took his place. Not sure who the underbidder was, I don't recognize the masking. Might have been someone looking to park it in an eBay store for 2x the amount.
burbank? :)

I don't think so. I said 2x the amount Joe, not 8x.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
onionring9 said:
[quote="Mark McGwire Museum":3lh01m41]
onionring9 said:
Congrats Jay! When I saw the winning bid ID it didn't look like yours so I got worried you got shafted on your bday. Congratulations!!

Thanks Joe! I thought "the doctor" was going to come stronger, but someone else sure took his place. Not sure who the underbidder was, I don't recognize the masking. Might have been someone looking to park it in an eBay store for 2x the amount.
burbank? :)

I don't think so. I said 2x the amount Joe, not 8x.[/quote:3lh01m41]

Good point, I forgot they use exponents and not multiplication when they do their math using the number 2.

$2200^2

with all this winning auction talk i feel compelled to win the auction i have my sights on. Hopefully tomorrow i can post in the mcgwire thread about being 1 card away from a personal favorite subset. But the man of the hour is obviously Mr. 2k. Congrats you crazy bastard. :cool:

Dec 10, 2008
Thanks Don. This card is/was #1 on my all-time want list. I was just looking at it on the checklist 3 days before it was listed, saying to myself that I'll probably never even see it in my lifetime. Then it came up for auction. And ended on my birthday. Luck was on my side today. Glad I didn't rely on the sniping program, it woulda been late by a second.

Dec 10, 2008
The seller and I have been messaging, he's a very cool guy, and is going to overnight it to me, so I'll have the card Friday. He also told me how he acquired the card. I love hearing how someone got the card and the story behind it. Sorry for the caps, thats how he typed it and I just wanted to copy/paste:

....I DON'T MEAN TO KEEP TALKING BUT I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU A STORY HOW I GOT THE CARD. ON CHRISTMAS EVE 2003 MY 3 DAUGHTERS AND I WENT TO THE CARD SHOP TO BUY SOME SP AUTHENTIC BOXES AND THEY ONLY HAD 2 BOXES SO I BOUGHT THEM.MY GIRLS WANTED TO OPEN THEM IN THE CAR. SO I LET THEM DIVIDE THE PACKS BETWEEN THE 3 GIRLS.WHEN WE PULLED IN THE DRIVEWAY ALL THE PACKS WERE GONE BUT 1. SO MY 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER GAVE ME THE LAST PACK. I TOLD THEM IF I GOT A GOOD CARD THAT I WOULD GIVE THEM $50.00 EACH. SO WHEN I OPENED THE PACK THE LAST CARD WAS THE MCGWIRE AUTOGRAPH. I WAS THRILLED AND SO WERE THEY.SORRY I GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY BUT I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE THAT. THANKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS.

I'm glad that 6 year old waited for her dad, I'd hate to be bidding on a card like this with peanut butter and jelly all over it.

Latest posts