Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How low will it go? 09 Bowman Sterling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Re: How low will it go?

THECARDFATHER said:
I broke a case (4 box mini case) and got back $285 on ebay for my $880 investment.
Im done.

I could have told you that. All you had to do is see that you got 50 WBC jerseys per box and know those wont sell for crap and the rest of the checklist is awful at best with only a few bright spots.

Odd to not see 1 or 2 Sterling Group Breaks being offered... looks like EEE will be the Sterling of 2008.... Already 2 being offered... and I bet 3 to 4 more before the price gets too out of hand.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

P_Manning 18 said:
THECARDFATHER said:
I broke a case (4 box mini case) and got back $285 on ebay for my $880 investment.
Im done.

I could have told you that. All you had to do is see that you got 50 WBC jerseys per box and know those wont sell for crap and the rest of the checklist is awful at best with only a few bright spots.

Odd to not see 1 or 2 Sterling Group Breaks being offered... looks like EEE will be the Sterling of 2008.... Already 2 being offered... and I bet 3 to 4 more before the price gets too out of hand.

Andrew did 8 or more sterling breaks in 08. This year not so much. 08 was such a fun product. This year is a vasectomy in every pack.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008

P_Manning 18 said:
THECARDFATHER said:
Im done.

I think Andrew tried but he wasn't getting any bites.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
bmc398 said:
It will bounce back a bit when one of the prospects hits it big. So it will tank to about $150 and rise to about $200 when somebody hits it big. Its not like this stuff is terrible...its just the resale isn't there.

This is a valid point. However, if one or two of thos guys break out, they most likely will have a BCDP card as well.

Also, by the time some of these guys could break out, you will have other guys in the new products (Strasburg, Ackley, Tate) to compete against.

Jul 30, 2009
Heres the scene:

You buy a pack for $50

Open it and first auto is TOMMY HANSON auto WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Next pack cant get better...or can it? YESSSSSSSSSS, Gordon Beckham auto WOWZZAAAS

Pedro Lazo jersey next and some basic rookies. Whatever, you got THE TWO BEST AUTOS IN THE ENTIRE PRODUCT......BINGO BINGO cash money.

Time to list them and while doing so, think how many boxes of EEE you will buy with your profits.

Auction ends, cant wait to see how much big money you made.
Hason sold for $30
Beckham sold for $25
After fees you LOST MONEY BY SELLING THE TWO BEST AUTOS IN THE PRODUCT.

What am I getting at? How about $150 OR LESS for a box of this crap?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
011873 said:
Heres the scene:

You buy a pack for $50

Open it and first auto is TOMMY HANSON auto WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Next pack cant get better...or can it? YESSSSSSSSSS, Gordon Beckham auto WOWZZAAAS

Pedro Lazo jersey next and some basic rookies. Whatever, you got THE TWO BEST AUTOS IN THE ENTIRE PRODUCT......BINGO BINGO cash money.

Time to list them and while doing so, think how many boxes of EEE you will buy with your profits.

Auction ends, cant wait to see how much big money you made.
Hason sold for $30
Beckham sold for $25
After fees you LOST MONEY BY SELLING THE TWO BEST AUTOS IN THE PRODUCT.

What am I getting at? How about $150 OR LESS for a box of this crap?

I think what your getting at is Topps is making a killing off of this product if it sells out...and we know it will sell out. They sign a bunch of prospects to cheap autograph deals (and they exclude the big draw prospects whose auto deals would surely be more expensive than the average cost of an auto), stick a couple of them in a box, along with some WBC jersey cards which were probably relatively cheap to obtain, print off a few cards with a chrome type technology, pack them in a box and sell it for $225. In order to appease the consumer and get their mind off how lackluster their product is, they release 2010 Bowman information during the week of the release. To me, that sounds like a fantastic idea to make money.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts