Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Much Would You Offer For This Card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If I was a Howard collector, I believe my max would be about $500 - $550, if I had the funds, and, if I was a Howard collector.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
55_marlins_sp said:
If I was a Howard collector, I believe my max would be about $500 - $550, if I had the funds, and, if I was a Howard collector.

I live in the Philly area and will flip it to one of several people I know, Who will pay probably what he wants. Thing is they're casual collectors and just buy stuff to show it off.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
your thinking of overpaying for a card not for PC for potential flip but not to collect whatsoever in thread form telling us your philly ::facepalm::

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Ask him what the lowest he will take is.

I wouldn't pay more than $250 for that card, then again, i'm not a Howard fan.

Sounds like he is looking for at least $550 for it.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Another instance of a 1/1 or rare card that the seller is too scared to put up for auction - even an auction with a reserve.

If people were allowed to bid, the card would probably reach $425 or even less, but we'll never know.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I saw Ryan Braun's logomen from this set go for about 300.
Is the market in Philly that much bigger?
Braun's the most expensive Brewer, beating out Prince by (guessing) %25 to %40 on his higher end patch cards - so that's the calibur of player I'd have to measure against Howard.

Of course there are those that feel Howard is better than Braun & Fielder, but still, $475 doesn't seem 'low' at all.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Huffamaniac said:
I hate when people ask me this, but ask him what he wants for it since your offer of $425 was to low and he did not counter. Also you might want to consider buying it off of him off of EBAY.

Marro said:
Its a Unique Ryan Howard Logoman auto.. He has a 850 bin/bo.. He declined 425 saying that was low.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :BODO:US:1

Ebay has started issuing 6 month suspensions for purchases done outside of ebay.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Thanks for the info. If done smart and the buyer and seller exchange emails and communicate off of ebay these type of deals can still go on.

Is the suspension for both the seller and buyer?

George_Calfas said:
Huffamaniac said:
I hate when people ask me this, but ask him what he wants for it since your offer of $425 was to low and he did not counter. Also you might want to consider buying it off of him off of EBAY.

Marro said:
Its a Unique Ryan Howard Logoman auto.. He has a 850 bin/bo.. He declined 425 saying that was low.

Ebay has started issuing 6 month suspensions for purchases done outside of ebay.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I actaully think any thing over 150.00 is to much for any of those cards, no matter who is on that card. Because year they will make another(well maybe not Upper Deck will) but come on even though it is a 1/1 there will be other Auto's of his out there and I can't see paying that much even though it is a 1/1.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
George_Calfas said:
Huffamaniac said:

Marro said:

And how would they know, you ask the guy to e-mail you and you work something out. It's you right to sell it
anyway you see fit.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I have had potential buyers contact me through ebay asking how much for the card if I buy off of ebay.

Pine Tar said:

Ebay has started issuing 6 month suspensions for purchases done outside of ebay.[/quote]
And how would they know, you ask the guy to e-mail you and you work something out. It's you right to sell it
anyway you see fit.[/quote:nka3m69b]

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:

Ebay has started issuing 6 month suspensions for purchases done outside of ebay.[/quote]
anyway you see fit.[/quote:2d52ai9y]

I agree, but it is also Ebay's right to suspend whoever they see fit.

To the OP: $2.50 and a jawbreaker? A dollar and some envelopes?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Pine Tar said:
anyway you see fit.

Because as soon as you enter you email address in a ebay message it red flags the message and sends it to ebay directly. So if it seems like a deal is going to go down outside of ebay and the listing is removed. Done deal and you are suspended, it happened to my local shop earlier this week.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
nyc3 said:
Pine Tar said:
anyway you see fit.

Because as soon as you enter you email address in a ebay message it red flags the message and sends it to ebay directly. So if it seems like a deal is going to go down outside of ebay and the listing is removed. Done deal and you are suspended, it happened to my local shop earlier this week.
Is there anyway to bypass that? Perhaps by entering the "@" sign as "At" and "." as "dot?"

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Superfractor said:
nyc3 said:
Pine Tar said:
anyway you see fit.

Is there anyway to bypass that? Perhaps by entering the "@" sign as "At" and "." as "dot?"

Thats what I usually do, just be vague like oh my haven't talked to in forever contact me at myemail at yahoo dot com

also if you want a card I find its harder for them to track it if you contact them about another card that wont be pulled.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
nyc3 said:
Superfractor said:
nyc3 said:
Pine Tar said:
anyway you see fit.

Thats what I usually do, just be vague like oh my haven't talked to in forever contact me at myemail at yahoo dot com

also if you want a card I find its harder for them to track it if you contact them about another card that wont be pulled.
I see.

Checking an email about a seller selling a Holliday Atomic-Refractor, I see that he gave me his full email without any deceit, to try and sell it off eBay. Was this a recent implementation by eBay?

fatslags

Jan 23, 2010
Canada, Eh!
Well, as we all know, the value of a 1/1 is in the eye of the beholder.

If I was a Phillies or Howard fan, and that is a patch from a GU jersey (not an event or whatever), my absolute max would be $550-600 (with shipping). I really don't think it deserves to fetch more than that. But that may be a different story to the seller.

I often score 1/1s for a decent price just by asking what the lowest a seller is willing to go on something. Most sellers would be honest with you since you put forward a fair offer already, they know you aren't interested in lowballing.

Hope you snag it! (I sent you a PM earlier, btw)

Members online

Latest posts