Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much would you pay for a game used bat of your player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
With all of the people who have game used items, I thought I would pose my question here. Is anyone good at photomatching?

I have a game used bat and game used batting glove of Adam Dunn. No matter how hard I try, I cannot find photos to match either. The bat is from his rookie year, 2001. The batting glove I'm not sure about.

dizzyduff13

Apr 7, 2009
Miami, Fl
I paid $40-60 for my Francoeur bats. One from the Braves one from the Mets. Both are MLB authenticated. I have 2 braves rookie jerseys which I paid $110 & $130 for them, both MLB authenticated as well.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I paid over 100$it for my Dunston bat and I would have paid alot more. Its truly a nice piece.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
My lcs has a David Wright for 75 uncraked which seems like a good deal based off what you guys are willing to pay

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
matchpenalty said:
value is in the authenticity. MLB authenticated bats sell for the most. Use and player characteristics on bat is also very important, the more the better. Cracked to me is the best. Go and look at as many photos of player using bats. Know what they use and how they prep the bats. Pine tar/tape ect...A photo match is golden, but most card collectors have no idea what a photo match is. Read up on it on a game used site.

Don't ever waste your money on generic minor league bats. Even if it's signed game used used by player. A lot of dealers get used/cracked minor league pro model bats and have players sign them then sell them as game used by them. Don't be an idiot and fall for that.

what if it has the player name and team name engraved in the bat???

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
rum151man said:
what if it has the player name and team name engraved in the bat???

That dont mean they used it at all, I have seen tons of bats being lent to other players. Heck I seen Montero use a Posada bat while in Trenton.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Zambrano38 said:
As much as it takes ::facepalm::
ive never bought a game used bat before just curious, im not gunna go in and offer $500 on a bat when i can get it for $100

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
local minor league player had a Chone Figgins bat and we are a Rangers farm team.
I have over 50 GU bats of minors

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Probably $400-ish. I see them out there, so I'm holding out for a deal. They'll always be there apparently. Same thing goes for a PSA 9 1975 RC. They're out there for the taking and I keep waiting for a deal to come along.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
muskiesfan said:
With all of the people who have game used items, I thought I would pose my question here. Is anyone good at photomatching?

I have a game used bat and game used batting glove of Adam Dunn. No matter how hard I try, I cannot find photos to match either. The bat is from his rookie year, 2001. The batting glove I'm not sure about.

Older items are tougher since there are very few sites with pictures from that far back. I checked several sites and the only one I could even find him batting in 2001 is Getty. I'm pretty good at matching anything from the last few years, but I too have had a hard time with some older items sadly.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
rum151man said:
Zambrano38 said:
As much as it takes ::facepalm::
ive never bought a game used bat before just curious, im not gunna go in and offer $500 on a bat when i can get it for $100

Ya that's true; always want to start low and get the best price.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
matchpenalty said:
value is in the authenticity. MLB authenticated bats sell for the most. Use and player characteristics on bat is also very important, the more the better. Cracked to me is the best. Go and look at as many photos of player using bats. Know what they use and how they prep the bats. Pine tar/tape ect...A photo match is golden, but most card collectors have no idea what a photo match is. Read up on it on a game used site.

Don't ever waste your money on generic minor league bats. Even if it's signed game used used by player. A lot of dealers get used/cracked minor league pro model bats and have players sign them then sell them as game used by them. Don't be an idiot and fall for that.

Ya MLB authenticated are nice since they let you know the game so you can go and get any easy photomatch. Though part of the fun so going back and searching the whole season for a match :) Just in the end do your research. A few minutes of research will help you figure out what models and finishes a player used in a specific year and should give you a better idea on authenticity.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
I'd probably pay around 300ish for a Miguel Cabrera game used bat. Not sure how much they'd actually get though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts