Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Howard > Pujols 2011 version

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
Its 2011 Pujols leads the league in GIDP AND he has stuck out more times than Howard, this without even
mentioning Howards 6 RBI's. Shouldn't Howard have more K's than Pujols before you start talking like that?

Kevin

Not on day 4 when there's 7 years of documentation that says otherwise, no

A_Pharis

techboy42004 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Its 2011 Pujols leads the league in GIDP AND he has stuck out more times than Howard, this without even
mentioning Howards 6 RBI's. Shouldn't Howard have more K's than Pujols before you start talking like that?

Kevin

In 2011, theres been 3 games by each players team. 3 Games.

Dude. He's just a troll. THis is the only enjoyment he gets out of life. It's gotten to the point where he even dates the troll thread to the year.

He's a loser.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
techboy42004 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

IF you are the Cards, are you going to pay Pujols on what he did last year?

A_Pharis

schmidtfan20 said:
techboy42004 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Sure, if I think he can average out over those years in the same was he has for the past 10 (or even close). When basing a player's worth, you don't look at their last year alone.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
schmidtfan20 said:
cmon all, don't lose focus. Pujols asked for all that money and was all pissy that the cards didn't lock him up
until the next century and now he is looking like crap.

cards fan can't be too happy.

might be time to hide the iphone Sam!

Kevin

Id still take Pujols having a slow start than Howard striking out 100+ times a year

If you are on 1st base and Pujols hits it to the shortstop you might think otherwise.

Thing is.. ANYONE can hit into a Double play. ONLY Ryan Howard is going to be putting up that consistent number of strike outs.
While this is true, Pujols was 6th in the majors in GIDPs last season, 3rd in the NL. He was first in the NL in 2007. He is probably the greatest hitter we will see in this era, but he is not perfect.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
A_Pharis said:
schmidtfan20 said:
techboy42004 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Sure, if I think he can average out over those years in the same was he has for the past 10 (or even close). When basing a player's worth, you don't look at their last year alone.

lol Yeah, you use the last 3 or 4 games. That's what a smart baseball person does.

A_Pharis

scotty21690 said:
A_Pharis said:
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
schmidtfan20 said:
cmon all, don't lose focus. Pujols asked for all that money and was all pissy that the cards didn't lock him up

Kevin

Id still take Pujols having a slow start than Howard striking out 100+ times a year

If you are on 1st base and Pujols hits it to the shortstop you might think otherwise.

Thing is.. ANYONE can hit into a Double play. ONLY Ryan Howard is going to be putting up that consistent number of strike outs.
While this is true, Pujols was 6th in the majors in GIDPs last season, 3rd in the NL. He was first in the NL in 2007. He is probably the greatest hitter we will see in this era, but he is not perfect.

Yeah, but this is comparing him to Howard... not everyone. I'd rather take a guy that hits into double plays than a guy who can't make contact. The only thing grounding into DPs that much says to me is that the guy before him is doing his job. The only difference between GIDP and a regular groundout? The rest of the team making contact, too.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":18z3n5g4]
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Yeah, but this is comparing him to Howard... not everyone. I'd rather take a guy that hits into double plays than a guy who can't make contact. The only thing grounding into DPs that much says to me is that the guy before him is doing his job. The only difference between GIDP and a regular groundout? The rest of the team making contact, too.[/quote:18z3n5g4]
I understand completely, I respect a hitter that puts the ball in play. And that is why he GIDP quite often. Putting the ball in play is always better than striking out.

A_Pharis

scotty21690 said:
A_Pharis said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":uxx8ga6l]
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
[quote="schmidtfan20":uxx8ga6l]cmon all, don't lose focus. Pujols asked for all that money and was all pissy that the cards didn't lock him up

Kevin

Yeah, but this is comparing him to Howard... not everyone. I'd rather take a guy that hits into double plays than a guy who can't make contact. The only thing grounding into DPs that much says to me is that the guy before him is doing his job. The only difference between GIDP and a regular groundout? The rest of the team making contact, too.[/quote:uxx8ga6l]
I understand completely, I respect a hitter that puts the ball in play. And that is why he GIDP quite often. Putting the ball in play is always better than striking out.[/quote:uxx8ga6l]

Bingo, my man.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Lancemountain said:
Mozzie22 said:
Lancemountain said:
Mozzie22 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Howard with an RBI is each of the first two games, a Homer and a double in two at bats along with 4 RBI's already today.
Pujols started off 0 for 5 grounding into two double plays. I bet the cards are happy they passed on that
contract.

Kevin

First of all, it was three double plays not two. Secondly, do you find it difficult to hide your homosexuality?

projecting your own issues? :shock:

It must be terrible to be so insecure that schmidtfan's trolling upsets you :lol:

My only issue is a person that adds absolutely nothing to a forum other than intentionally causing trouble.

And that means he must be a homosexual? Got it.

That speaks volumes about your maturity, mozzie

pwned

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
This comparison and argument happens at the beginning of EVERY year, the last 5 or so.

Howard starts out hot, then fizzles.
Pujols always shuts people up and shows why he's the best in the game.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

If you're on 3rd base and Howard chokes and strikes out like he ususally does in that situation, leaving a Man on, I'd take pujols

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

If you're on 3rd base and Howard chokes and strikes out like he ususally does in that situation, leaving a Man on, I'd take pujols

Have the Cards had a runner on 3rd yet this season?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
A_Pharis said:
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

that's not true. see our new 3rd baseman.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
scotty21690 said:
A_Pharis said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":38527u3e]
schmidtfan20 said:
GarkoCollector said:
[quote="schmidtfan20":38527u3e]cmon all, don't lose focus. Pujols asked for all that money and was all pissy that the cards didn't lock him up

Kevin

Yeah, but this is comparing him to Howard... not everyone. I'd rather take a guy that hits into double plays than a guy who can't make contact. The only thing grounding into DPs that much says to me is that the guy before him is doing his job. The only difference between GIDP and a regular groundout? The rest of the team making contact, too.[/quote:38527u3e]
I understand completely, I respect a hitter that puts the ball in play. And that is why he GIDP quite often. Putting the ball in play is always better than striking out.[/quote:38527u3e]

+1
GIDP can still score a run. K'ing close to 200 times a year doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts