Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Huge PC Card is Finally Here!! Andre Ethier Style of course!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Well I know I posted up a thread not too long ago, but I feel this card needed it's own thread. There is some back story to this card.

I was first alerted to this card by a member of the board and he let me know there was a FB group and this card was posted on it. I joined the group and spoke with the guy who was moving it. He was pretty much the epitome of the word douchenozzle. We had several messages back and forth, we agreed to a trade value price and everything I brought up to him he declined, even of his PC player. I even gave him the option to pick what he wanted off eBay and I would buy it, again, he declined he keept declining because someone else was in his ear telling him he could get more for it. So I finally said F this dude and went on about my business. A couple of weeks later some of guys at the National let me know the card was there and what the person selling was asking. I kindly declined and decided to move on from the card. Well not too long after that is popped on eBay, and when it did, not only did I not have the funds as I made some other purchases, I pretty much said to myself no...this card is going to be the one you say you let pass by on principle after all that happened.

Well as many of you know, this board is filled with people who love to help. And getting this card into my collection was of course no exception to this. I was contacted by [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION] and he was like, "What are you going to do?" I said, "I am going to pass on it." and he basically said... "No you aren't." Well here it is a few weeks later and it is HERE!!

I did not mind the wait at all George. Thanks for helping me out when I needed it and getting this card into my PC brother!!

It is the one and only bat nameplate for Andre Ethier. Although he does have bat barrels in 2009 Topps Unique he does not have any other nameplates.

EthierPCScans820.jpg

EthierPCScans821.jpg

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Congrats. Glad it worked out for you.

I'm waiting on my own huge Ethier pickup. Will post pictures once it arrives.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
It is ironic that all the crap you had to go through to get it makes it an even more thrilling card to own. You can almost thank that guy for being a ******.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Nice job Alex and congrats on finally landing it :) I'm glad I was able to see it at the Natty, and the dude that had it didn't budge on prices for a lot of his other stuff too. I'm glad that card is in your collection where it should be!

Members online

Latest posts