Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I don't know if this is awesome, or sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I saw this card on twitter. They really made him sign until he couldn't didn't they.

BHWqfddCYAAuEFw.jpg:large

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Stan apparently kept his contractual obligations... but the same can't be said for some other players.

Gotta give The Man credit.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I don't know if Stan enjoyed signing or didn't, but I don't think there'd be a cooler feeling than being an old man and people STILL clamoring for your signature. Seems like that would provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment that many elderly probably die without experiencing

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Read Stan The Man Inc Twitter Feed, (his great grandson was the poster for his Twitter feed), here is the link that I am referring too:

https://twitter.com/stanthemaninc/status/293491513546133504

"One of The Man's last autographs. Signing was a love and a passion for grandpa."

So nothing sad there what-so-ever, Stan had a passion, we should all be grateful for that passion, would be nice if other athletes took a page out of The Man's book!!!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
thanks for letting me know what Stan autograph not to go after. I'd rather have a nicer sig in my collection when I get around to getting one.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
thanks for letting me know what Stan autograph not to go after. I'd rather have a nicer sig in my collection when I get around to getting one.

You will never have a tough time finding one, he signed for everyone and all the time.

Stan you are missed.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Personally give me the shaky sig. Such a testament to his commitment to the game and the fans.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Not with Harper on the same card, maybe in 15 years but not yet

A_Pharis

Yeah, I'd love a Gypsy Queen mini... I don't care how it looks. It's a shame that it took him dying for a good portion of people to go "Wow, let's go back and look at his history of signing."

As shaky as it is - Chris is right. It's a testament to the type of person Stan was. Lots of players play for themselves. Stan played for everyone else.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Personally give me the shaky sig. Such a testament to his commitment to the game and the fans.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Word.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
..plus as a lefty its hard to sign cursive without getting an occasional smear.

On a side note, I wonder how HOF players feel about co-signing cards with unproven players (not that Harper wont be amazing... he is, but its not as if a 90 year old will have time to track a career arch.) Someone as nice as Stan I doubt minds but I'm guess other egos get ruffled.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Stan The Man was of the most fan friendly and accessable superstars the game has ever seen and probably will ever see. I remember when George Kell was alive, he owned an Chevy dealership about 15 miles from where I am and it was widely known that if you ever wanted anything signed, or just wanted to stop and chat, then stop by his dealership any time of the day and he would greet you at the door. It might be just because he was back in his hometown, but he wasn't just a nice HOF ballplayer...he was an extremely approachable and nice person. That's a generational thing IMO.

Members online

Latest posts