Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I just don't know how to feel about this break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here is the story...

In late 2013 (between Christmas and New Year's Eve) I ordered bunch of boxes that were on sale over on BO. Among them was a box of 2013 Museum Collection Baseball. I know it is a wildly hit or miss product, but the price was pretty good. As most of you know, in each box is four "mini boxes" (really packs). Each mini box is supposed to have its own style of hit, but basically you can expect 2 autos and 2 relics. Upon opening mine, I find 4 relics and no autos. I called Topps and they said I could email my info for the replacement autos (and to keep the extra relics). I emailed them on Jan 2 and then waited. And waited. And waited. I called a while ago and they said that the attachment was blocked (too big) and that they had replied that day telling me to snail mail it. Sure enough, when I searched my spam filters, they were right. They had emailed me back that very day. So, I write a letter, print the email and attachment and send it in. Within 2 weeks they ship me 2 replacement autos.

Kudos to Topps for replying the same day I emailed them and for replacing the autos so quickly.

I know ended up with 2 extra hits, and frankly all of the relics are pretty low numbered. Despite that, I still feel like the break was a disappointment (mostly because of who the players are). Maybe I am just expecting too much.

Anyway, here are the 4 original hits:

Too bad that Cecil was not a Prince!

Here are the 2 replacement autos. The Kipnis patch looks like it belongs in a much lower numbered card.

They will make there way to eBay eventually.
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] - I did pull a Belle parallel /99 that I can PWE to you if you want it. PM me and let me know.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
[MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] might like the Kipnis card. [MENTION=8688]U L Washington Rookie[/MENTION] is a fan of CecilFielder if memory serves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Turn the frown upside down little buckaroo :lol: truly that product is a hit or miss.

And Fordman may want that Bruce
[MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION]

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
@moxacaine might like the Kipnis card. @UL_Washington_Rookie is a fan of CecilFielder if memory serves.

Normally I would be happy to send that to Ken...But the Kipnis is the one card I will likely hold on to. My older son is an Indians fan and he likes the autos/relics. The others are in search of a home.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Sure will take the Bruce. PM me with what you want for it. Thanks [MENTION=3132]Pine Tar[/MENTION] for the heads up!

Fordman

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not totally bad. At least you've heard of these players. But truly, any wax is major hit or miss these days. Used to be you just hoped you hit a good player. Now it's seemingly impossible to get what's promised. Add to that the redemption issue and it's just not worth buying wax unless it's lower end to make sets. Everything about busting higher end wax, the things that made it somewhat worth it, is gone. There is now way too much risk involved. Way too much. It's just not worth doing anymore. At all.

Members online

Latest posts