Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I love turning the tables on eBay scammers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I will say if you received the card in advertised condition and he did end up refunding the sales tax, leave a neutral. Let it be known in your comment why you were not satisfied and report him to eBay.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Clearly the seller was wrong but you received a refund in what seemed like a fairly quick manner.

If you post a negative or neutral the seller can dispute your feedback. eBay will more than likely side with the seller since they provided a refund of the sales tax. In some cases eBay will suspend feedback privileges for removed feedback. While your eBay messages might have gotten you the refund they could be turned against you in the removal of your comments. Had you not received a tax refund a negative would have been warranted.

Maybe a positive feedback of "Card Received" and then ding the DSR for communication.......you could always post no feedback.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
How can, "Lied about owning a store and charged sales tax (refunded when confronted)" as a negative feedback be reversed when it is 100% factual?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
How can, "Lied about owning a store and charged sales tax (refunded when confronted)" as a negative feedback be reversed when it is 100% factual?

When confronted about the sales tax he refunded in a timely manner and lying about the store is not relevant to your purchase. Jeff, the guy is wrong and I would image that many of us agree with you.

You will do what you feel is best, just be prepared for him to react and be prepared for eBay to side with him.......he sounds like a prickly fellow and I doubt that he takes a negative lying down.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
Shouldn't he be collecting, and paying, state sales tax?

nm, I'm thinking income not state. Stay off drugs kids.

Last edited:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I was charged state tax from a seller on Ebay. I asked if they owned a business. This is the response I got.

"This is income. eBay is a store and reports 200 sales or more. Sales tax was stated in the auction discription"

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
It was for a card I really wanted so I didn't raise the issue until I saw that it was on it's way through tracking. First time I even seen this card. I piggy backed off of what Loblaw's response was, asking him to see his license LOL. I do expect the state tax to be refunded though.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
So not only is he charging Florida state sales tax, he's charging it to out of state buyers? And he indicated that it was an accident.

Scumbag.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
So, I opened a case against the seller who charged me state tax. I asked that I be partially refunded for the state tax that I was charged and they refunded me the whole amount which was about 16 bucks LOL I emailed the seller twice and asked that he refund me the state tax that I was charged before I opened the case but he didn't reply so F him!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
My store is in PA & therefor I must charge PA residents State Sales Tax on internet sales. If the guy is running a business, a real business, and is set up on Ebay & Paypal as such, doesn't he have to charge (and of course pay the State of FL) Jeff (who lives in Florida) State Sales Tax as well?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
So, I opened a case against the seller who charged me state tax. I asked that I be partially refunded for the state tax that I was charged and they refunded me the whole amount which was about 16 bucks LOL I emailed the seller twice and asked that he refund me the state tax that I was charged before I opened the case but he didn't reply so F him!

He refunds you whole amount and you say F him?

Please explain how you rationalized that it was alright for you to steal from him.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
eBay refunded him the whole amount?

Well padresfan says "asked that I be partially refunded for the state tax that I was charged and they refunded me the whole amount" so I assume yes, he was refunded the full amount.

The OP was refunded the sales tax that was incorrectly charged, not the entire amount.

Two different individuals

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Ebay refunded me the whole amount even though I ONLY requested that I be refunded the amount I was charged for state tax. That shouldn't be to hard to comprehend but I guess fandruw has no life and has to follow me around on this web site even though she is on my ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts