Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I was one of those guys...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
...that swore my collection would stay with me forever. But things in life happen that you have no control over.

I have decided that I am taking myself out of the hobby. There are much more important things in my life I want to focus my complete attention on. I'm not sure what I'm going to keep, but I will be selling off a good chunk of it eventually, including my 23's.

I owe some members some cards from the low end thread, and I will eventually get those out. It won't be tomorrow. It may not be this week. But they will go out.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great community. I hope it flourishes for years to come.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I am new here but I really like this forum. I hate to see a fellow Cubs collector go. I have had to take a break from collecting several times myself. Its easy for me to burn out if I don't take some small breaks here and there. Good luck to you.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
But then I took an arrow to the knee.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Sad to see another player collector go. My recommendation would be to just take a break from collecting and don't sell unless you absolutely have to. If money is the issue then you don't have much choice but if it isn't then I'd step away for awhile.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
...that swore my collection would stay with me forever. But things in life happen that you have no control over.

I have decided that I am taking myself out of the hobby. There are much more important things in my life I want to focus my complete attention on. I'm not sure what I'm going to keep, but I will be selling off a good chunk of it eventually, including my 23's.

I owe some members some cards from the low end thread, and I will eventually get those out. It won't be tomorrow. It may not be this week. But they will go out.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great community. I hope it flourishes for years to come.

It's just cardboard man. Sorry to see you go but a man has got to do what he has to do.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Like others said, if you're taking a break for money reasons, no problem.

But otherwise, don't sell until a coupla months pass. ALOT of guys have sold, then regretted it later on down the road...

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I know how you feel. I have been toying with this for a long time. I just cant bring myself to do it yet. I would also suggest a break just in case you change your mind. Also, you may find that you don't even miss it and that will make it easier to sell later. Good luck.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Another thing you could do is stop collecting new stuff. I was supposed to stop collecting Rickey cards at 2010 and focus on the many older cards that I need. I failed at that, but it is an option if the money is not the issue.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Definitely see where youre coming from. I myself have been out of the "hobby" for awhile now.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts