Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ICHIRO TRADED TO THE YANKEES!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Wow. I seriously thought it was a joke when I saw it on twitter. Unbelieveable. I grew up watching the Mariners (and Jays) so I do keep up with them. They have been a trainwreck over the last few years. I just wonder how motivated/demoralized Ichiro was. In can see him tear it up with the Yankees. Dude has ridiculous power in batting practice, he has joked that he would turn into a HR hitter towards the end of his career.
I do hate the Wankees but I do wish him well.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
In a related note D.J. Mitchell and Dustin Ackley are back together again. They both played for my high school. I wonder if they make the only pair of high school and MLB teammates in the league now?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
In a related note D.J. Mitchell and Dustin Ackley are back together again. They both played for my high school. I wonder if they make the only pair of high school and MLB teammates in the league now?

Interesting to read this. I was watching the Yankees vs the A's on Sunday, had just turned it on and it was on the A's broadcast. Some of you may know I live a short distance from the Waldo Canyon Fire and the neighborhood I grew up in was the one that burned down, if you didn't know now you do. Needless to say, for weeks I have heard countless ads for various fundraising efforts for the people who lost their homes. So I heard this guy talking about that very thing (raising money for those people) and didn't really think twice, and then I started to realize that I wasn't watching some local program, this was the A's game. It was really crazy! Then the guy mentioned that two of the A's players went to Cheyenne Mtn HS, which is coincidentally where they set up a big center for the evacuees to stay at.

I guess he didn't say they were teammates necessarily, but I thought it was weird enough that they both went to the same little HS and now play in the MLB together.

Oh yeah... and I have no idea which two players it was.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Interesting to read this. I was watching the Yankees vs the A's on Sunday, had just turned it on and it was on the A's broadcast. Some of you may know I live a short distance from the Waldo Canyon Fire and the neighborhood I grew up in was the one that burned down, if you didn't know now you do. Needless to say, for weeks I have heard countless ads for various fundraising efforts for the people who lost their homes. So I heard this guy talking about that very thing (raising money for those people) and didn't really think twice, and then I started to realize that I wasn't watching some local program, this was the A's game. It was really crazy! Then the guy mentioned that two of the A's players went to Cheyenne Mtn HS, which is coincidentally where they set up a big center for the evacuees to stay at.

I guess he didn't say they were teammates necessarily, but I thought it was weird enough that they both went to the same little HS and now play in the MLB together.

Oh yeah... and I have no idea which two players it was.
Brandon McCarthy is one of them....the other might be Matthew Presley, does that ring a bell? He was drafted from that HS. Can't find any others.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
It just occurred to me that I work with a guy who is a baseball fanatic, we talk about baseball a lot. He has mentioned that he played with McCarthy. I should ask him. I saw him in the bathroom after I wrote that, but hadn't put all that together yet.

Hey future Ryan, tomorrow, when you read this... you should ask him!

Members online

Latest posts