Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you are thinking of building a web site for your cards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I personally enjoy working on my website as much as I enjoy collecting cards. I've only ever used free website hosting sites - Yahoo Geocities until they shut it down, and now http://www.webs.com (formerly Freewebs). You don't really need to know how to program in html, especially as more free web hosting sites are popping up. Most sites are pretty user friendly.

The main drawback to free web hosting sites is limited storage and data transfer. That's why I can't set up a gallery of card scans directly in my website. I couple of page views and my daily data transfer allowance would be used up and the site wouldn't work. I've gotten around that by linking to Photobucket images and albums though. Webs.com does offer various "premium" services, so you can try it out for free for a while, and then if you want you can register a domain name that doesn't have the ".webs" part in it and have a lot more storage and data transfer space.

Whether you pay for it or get it for free, I definitely would recommend building a website for your hobby interests!

- R.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
To address the google ads that are mentioned... the SoHo program that I offer is a quick and easy way to put a site together without having to buy any software is a 15-day trial. I do not have a server-wide license to use the Pro version. So unfortunately, this version displays ads at the bottom when the 15-day trial expires. That's the only downside to using SoHo.

I have a bundle of programs that come with an account that don't have ads, including well known content management software such as Joomla, Drupal, and others. I also offer blogging software like Wordpress. This is just scratching the surface. If you can live with inconspicuous ads on your site, I recommend SoHo because it's so easy to use through a browser.

My service isn't for everyone as I stated in my first post and I respect that and encourage everyone to look around. Yes there are a multitude of web hosting companies, and a multitude of domain registration companies. All different prices, different services, everything's different. I offered my services because it's stable, reliable, easy to use, cheap, and I offer top notch support.

$10 domains is a competitive rate. There's cheaper, there's more expensive. Again, I encourage everyone to shop around and make a decision on what's best for you and your collection. Thanks for the read :)

For those who have stated interest, PM's on the way.

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
Reds in 2009 said:
Not to mention it would drive me nuts.

pirate.jpg

Yarrrr!!!!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Would you be willing to do a website not based on sports cards? It'd be just as simple...maybe easier...

Members online

Latest posts