Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting SI Article - Best Hitters By Pitch Thrown...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I found this to be very interesting stuff. Best hitter by pitch, and by league.

Slider
AL - Robinson Cano
NL - Drew Stubbs

Curveball
AL -Vlad
NL - Scott Rolen

Fastball
AL - Paul Konerko
NL - Joey Votto

Cutter
AL - Luke Scott
NL - Jonny Gomes

Change Up
AL -Vlad
NL - STARLIN CASTRO

SPLIT
AL - Carl Crawford
NL - STARLIN CASTRO

If you were wondering where Albert Pujols is, he was in the top 5 for Fastball and Slider.

Skrip

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I would have bet anything that Starlin Castro would make an appearance :lol: And an appearance in bold, no less. Nice.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
ahhaha, I would have posted it either way. While reading the article, I didn't expect to see him on the list.

I assumed Pujols would have been at the top of the list on at least one of them. Poor assumption on my part.

skrip

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I'm surprised Ichiro isn't on the list anywhere. Vlads ability to hit balls 3 millimeters from the ground lends well to hitting curve balls and change ups.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
jeff152380 said:
Vlad Guerrero is prob going to go down as one of the most underrated hitters of all time...
That sounds like an oxymoron, but I know what you mean. I think Manny is in that group for modern day players as well.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ballerskrip said:
ahhaha, I would have posted it either way. While reading the article, I didn't expect to see him on the list.

I assumed Pujols would have been at the top of the list on at least one of them. Poor assumption on my part.

skrip

I'm just busting your chops.

It is surprising to see Starlin ranked as the best against those 2 pitches. Pretty high praise. I am anxious to see how he does this year, if the power is legit, it could be a scary year for pitchers facing Starlin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts