Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this Rivera's best autograph card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Just picked this up and my thinking is that it may be his best autograph card. It's the gold version of the card /500. He really has very few signed cards for a player his caliber.

Is there a better Rivera autograph card?

!BoFtB)QBmk~$(KGrHqIOKiQEuC0CSHifBLmJW!8k!!~~_12.jpg

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Pm Jastermel(Dave) He is a big collector of Mo and I am almost positive that is his best avail auto. He is the my fav auto with Griffey and Reggie.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
i guess best is a matter of personal preference...imo, nothing better than a signed rookie
i have sold a few i like better, at least imo.

marianorecollection.jpg

mariano.jpg

still have this one (NFT)
1992_Rivera.jpg

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
hofautos said:
i have sold a few i like better, at least imo.

marianorecollection.jpg

mariano.jpg

1992_Rivera.jpg

The PSA one doesnt look like any of the others to me. Not saying its not real, I dont know if his autos has changed at all but looks different to me.

And I like the Donruss one the best.

Shep

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
shepsspot said:
hofautos said:
1992_Rivera.jpg

The PSA one doesnt look like any of the others to me. Not saying its not real, I dont know if his autos has changed at all but looks different to me.

Shep

that's what his auto looked like during his first couple rookie years, which makes it all the more impressive, at least to me....

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
mariano.jpg

1992_Rivera.jpg
The Turkey Reds are some of the nicest cards I have ever seen and the RC auto is awesome albeit not pack-pulled.

I guess my thinking has a lot to do with the fact it's (I believe) his first pack released autographed card, comes from a historic set, and is a pretty tough to find parallel.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
hofautos said:
shepsspot said:
hofautos said:
1992_Rivera.jpg

Shep

that's what his auto looked like during his first couple rookie years, which makes it all the more impressive, at least to me....

Yeah thats cool then.

Shep

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
hofautos said:
mariano.jpg

1992_Rivera.jpg
The Turkey Reds are some of the nicest cards I have ever seen and the RC auto is awesome albeit not pack-pulled.

I guess my thinking has a lot to do with the fact it's (I believe) his first pack released autographed card, comes from a historic set, and is a pretty tough to find parallel.

I personally never cared much for the 96 leafs...i hated all that foil right in the middle, and they made a million of the silvers and bronze, that they are "boring" imo. I don't like parallel's where they don't do much to change up the design but change color of foil, or change the border color...kind of cheap printing tactic to make it supposedly "more rare". Of course that is just my opinion.

He certainly doesn't have a lot of autos to choose from, ESPECIALLY on-card, and I am sure that GOLD will fetch some good coin, but for my pc itself, I find more interesting cards aestetically.

I really like the 2010 with the yankee logo in the background if not for the DAMN STICKER!

The vertical one of these.
!BoeK3!QCGk~$(KGrHqIOKkQEuY0ddCCRBLnkfy)DZw~~_12.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Aestitically, i also would prefer the gold version of this card (#/50) as well
edit to add, i just checked and didn't see a gold version?

!BpM3sP!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-EQEu,+ITrZ+BLqVs9d0gw~~_12.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
just checked beckett, the 1996 leaf print run is

silver 3500
bronze 1000
gold 500

thats 5000 autos of basically the same card.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:

silver 3500
bronze 1000
gold 500

Hmmm, the guy had advertised it as /100 for the gold, but it looks like only the SP's were /100. Either way though, they rarely turn up anymore.

I do hear where you are coming from. For me it's his first auto and I like the look, though some of the ones shown in this thread are sweet.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
hofautos said:

silver 3500
bronze 1000
gold 500

Hmmm, the guy had advertised it as /100 for the gold, but it looks like only the SP's were /100. Either way though, they rarely turn up anymore.

I do hear where you are coming from. For me it's his first auto and I like the look, though some of the ones shown in this thread are sweet.

believe me, i look regularly for his autos, and he does have slim pickings....yours is a nice card, just that there are others i would rather have, for me personally.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
My favorite looking card is the 2004 Blue Ink Donruss Buyback, but I prefer the way his autograph looked back in 1996. So for me it is a toss up between the two.

MarianoRivera2.jpg

Here is another nice one I have Flair SIGnificant Cuts /50. I really like the design of the card but I am not a big fan of the auto being a cut. However, I believe this is Rivera's one and only cut auto...so it is rare in that sense. :ugeek:

MarianoRivera.jpg

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Are you talking about ANY autographed card or on-card auto's? If anything goes, this is one of only a couple logo/autos

scan0001-6.jpg

If you're talking on-card I'm partial to this one

8ee70f43.jpg

I like these also, though I'm not sure if they're technically on-card or not

25b34f0e.jpg scan0018.jpg

If you're talking about older cards like the Leaf, I prefer the Century Marks auto (and it definitely sells for more).

Members online

Latest posts