Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jesus Montero optioned to Triple-A Tacoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
So if Montero comes back up and plays DH/1B and hits .300-8-20 over the last month of the season, it's still a lose? It's not a "lose/lose" until either player is off the teams. This is actually a good move if they're looking to move him to a long-term first baseman or DH. Give him time to clear his head and start hitting and get some practice at first.

As for Zunino, as sebpoo said, it won't affect him. I will be shocked if Montero will be playing anything other than 1B/DH in Tacoma (maybe an ocassional game at catcher to give Zunino a day off)

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
This news just made my day. I can't stand anything about Montero. I hope he gets his act together down in Tacoma but that might be too much to ask.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
So if Montero comes back up and plays DH/1B and hits .300-8-20 over the last month of the season, it's still a lose? It's not a "lose/lose" until either player is off the teams. This is actually a good move if they're looking to move him to a long-term first baseman or DH. Give him time to clear his head and start hitting and get some practice at first.

As for Zunino, as sebpoo said, it won't affect him. I will be shocked if Montero will be playing anything other than 1B/DH in Tacoma (maybe an ocassional game at catcher to give Zunino a day off)

These are good thoughts and if your string on this you should be a big buyer of his Rcs good luck.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
These are good thoughts and if your string on this you should be a big buyer of his Rcs good luck.

As a Mariners fan, I have to be optimistic. As for buying his RC's, there's definitely a reason I don't do "prospecting".

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Still to early to call it a lose/lose. Pineda is throwing 95 and seems to be on course for mid summer return. Campos has been throwing very well of late.

And let's not forget Hector Noesi!

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
If Pineda comes back it isnt a lose for the Yankees. Also, Montero is still young. Not sure how a trade can be judged so soon.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
I dont know what will happen in the next 6 days, but I can almost guarantee you this will make my week.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I'm really surprised that he's struggling so much. I always thought his cards were overvalued during the height of the hype, but I still thought he'd be a productive hitter from the outset. He is still young and could still make multiple All-Star teams unless there is some flaw in his skills that has been exploited by MLB pitching that was not readily apparent while he was tearing up the minors. Anyone know what his issue is?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I wonder if Wes still has his monster stash of Montero Chrome autos? LOL

I hope not. I've argued against him and others who believed Montero's card prices were justified because he was going to be the next great hitter, but I never want to see someone take a bath on an investment.

Wes

OG
Administrator
I hope not. I've argued against him and others who believed Montero's card prices were justified because he was going to be the next great hitter, but I never want to see someone take a bath on an investment.

That stash has basically erased all of the money I made on Trout, Heyward, Posey, Miller, Lindor, Harper, Kershaw and Machado. At least he's still just 23 years old.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
That stash has basically erased all of the money I made on Trout, Heyward, Posey, Miller, Lindor, Harper, Kershaw and Machado. At least he's still just 23 years old.

wow, sorry for you. :( that is just crazy.

anyone know what his peak prices were at?

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I don't know, I was pretty upset when the trade was announced, I thought that the New York hype-machine was running overdrive for Montero, and I was extremely high on Pineda (and higher on Campos). It's just really hard being a Mariners fan anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts