Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jordan's $33mm Contract from 1997-98 at Auction!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is pretty cool and I'm sure it won't be cheap for whoever puts in the final bid. The Chicago Bulls original copy of the Michael Jordan contract from 1997-98 which was for $33 million dollars and is the most valuable single-season contract in NBA history.

I guess his full signature is on one page (obviously) and then he initialed every other page, which is cool. It also includes the Bulls GM and head of Finances.

Bidding has topped $28k already and is probably on it's way to much more. This ESPN article says the most valuable contract ever sold was Babe Ruth's Red Sox contract which was sold earlier this month for $1.02 million.

Another cool fact... his $33mm contract today would be worth roughly $49mm when you factor for inflation.

Article and cool video: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...ginal-chicago-bulls-33-million-contract-block

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'd say it pushes $40k. I can't believe it was purchased for under $1000 in 2000. Seems like it would have gotten more press then. I am also surprised its 24 pages and the cover pages. My Clark Rookie contract is like 4 pages. This MJ is a book. It's a nice piece , and that it is the highest per season contract adds to it. Getting MJs Rookie one would be the topper

Ryan

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
$40K or more seems like a given considering the competition in the Jordan market. I wouldn't be shocked to see it go past $60K.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'd say it pushes $40k. I can't believe it was purchased for under $1000 in 2000. Seems like it would have gotten more press then. I am also surprised its 24 pages and the cover pages. My Clark Rookie contract is like 4 pages. This MJ is a book. It's a nice piece , and that it is the highest per season contract adds to it. Getting MJs Rookie one would be the topper

Ryan
Yea, $1k for this back in 2000 seems like a STEAL. I think $40k or more wouldn't surprise me...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Rochelle tweeted that they are pulling the auction as it seems to be leagues copy

Yeah I refreshed the auction an hour ago and it went back down to minimum bid. How the heck did they let it get to 4 hrs left before pulling ? And how did it get out from the league and sold once before also ?

Ryan

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Not sure how Rovell became Rochell....I'm guessing the $1000 sale was either a lie or someone sold it after they stole it?