Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Reyes to Marlins OFFICIAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
What will the fans think if the Marlins management end up trading away everyone like they did after their other WS wins if they win this year?

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
Mets fans have to be a bit upset. I read that they are only getting a supplemental draft pick and the marlins third rounder. The mets should've traded him last year when they had the chance.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
thats it??

now i had wished he was traded like beltran...i mean, we got a wheeler for beltran so we coulda gotten a nice prospect for reyes..most knew we wouldn be able to sign him anyways..

dave

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
djrulz said:
What will the fans think if the Marlins management end up trading away everyone like they did after their other WS wins if they win this year?

Hey, if they win a World Series, I won't complain

Nov 6, 2011
The most pathetic franchise in sports just got worse, the Mets are a joke and Selig should strip the Wilpons of their ownership, too bad hes their butt buddy.

Marlins got a great player, now they need to pick up a starter

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
No need for a firesale this time with brand new stadium and parking revenue.

The rest of the league has to deal with the new Fish. We can afford to keep our stars now.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Mudcatsfan said:

The rest of the league has to deal with the new Fish. We can afford to keep our stars now.
How?

40,000 a game are gonna show consistently because of a new park? That goes away real quick.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I'm so glad the Brewer's didn't sign Reyes. Yes, it would have been nice, but for that kind of money no thanks. The guy only plays 120 games a year, and will never hit over .310 ever again.

Way to cash in on that batting title Jose.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
Mudcatsfan said:

How?

40,000 a game are gonna show consistently because of a new park? That goes away real quick.

Its not about the gimmick of the stadium. Its the ROOF.

If you never lived in Florida, you wouldnt know, but EVERY single game ALL summer long is threatened by rain.

Every time you spend hundreds on tickets, and parking and food, you have a decent chance of a 1 to 2 hour rain delay during which you're wondering, will the game start again? Will there be another rain delay, will i get a raincheck, will we get through 5 innings, how late can i stay out tonight with work tomorrow, etc.

In light of those delightful questions, its often not even worth driving the 2 hour round trip to have to deal with all that.

the ROOF means the game will happen. That alleviates the concerns of everyone in the suburbs who ever wondered if there would really be a game that day.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
384444_2004604374278_1818713060_1269351_1615727339_n.jpg

Reyes as a Marlin :?

Members online

Latest posts