Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Johnson thread (11/10 update: '06 Ultimate Quad auto & '10 TTT Booklet auto)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
daaaaang, nice Dave!

that gold chrome refractor looks nice, IIRC that year had some very O/C cards...

Thank ya kindly. For just a nickel & penny north of $10, I thought it was a good price, considering what I've paid for my other 8 or so copies. Here's another dozen or so cards / items that I've picked up the past month that I forgot to take pics of.

Freebie here on FCB. Thank you again !!!

Orange Refractor, not numbered

Green Refractor, not numbered

#'d/27

#'d/75

#'d/50

#'d/25

#'d/35

First Oyo. Finally came down to under $8 shipped for 'em.

#'d/25. I have one already, but it was without the bordering around it.

#'d/25. Knew I was going to pay more for this than I wanted to, because a member on BO is going after the set. Go big or go home.

#'d/1

#'d/1. Topps Mini Plate, for $13 dlvd ? All day.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
One today and then two that I didn't have pics of in the PB yet:

#'d/35, in today, 5th copy, I think

#'d/5. 2nd copy. Got this back in August I think.

Ice #'d/1. Got this back in August too. Goes well with the Red 1/1. Just need to find the Super.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Awesome new cards

Thank you kind sage. A couple in today. The Chrome was a toss in.

Woefully OC. Toss-in with the card directly below. #'d/1952

#'d/25.

#'d/10, only Gold I've seen up. Had to BIN this, thinking there won't be a ton of the product broken.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Thanks Andy ! Was digging in the JJ boxes the other night and found this. Forgot I had it and didn't have a pic up for it yet. I have more to take pics of, but that'll come later today or tomorrow:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
uploaded_holy-cow.jpg

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Goodies the last couple days and in honor of him being out for at least a month ...

/399

Slipknot 555/749

#'d/50

#'d/299 (13th or so copy)

#'d/15 (2nd or 3rd copy)

4th copy, I believe (first with the ultra rare BCCG 10)

#'d/5 (1st copy)

#'d/5 (Pink refractor, 1st copy)

#'d/10 (2nd copy. MUCH better and more desirable patch on this copy)

GU ball. Missed another the seller had because I fell asleep and forgot to set a snipe.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Stuff that's showed up the last few weeks:

#'d/62. 3rd or 4th copy.

#'d/75. 1st copy.

#'d/50. 4th or 5th copy.

#'d/15. 1st copy.

#'d/15. 1st copy.

28th copy ... I think (you'll notice a trend here)

3rd or 4th copy

#'d/999. Copies, 21 & 22, maybe.

#'d/75. 5th copy

#'d/299. 5th or 6th copy.

#'d/150. 4th or 5th copy

#'d/27

#'d/25. 3rd copy ...

#'d/50. 4th or 5th copy

#'d/25. 5th or 6th copy.

#'d 55/61. 4th copy.

#'d/1

#'d/1.

#'d/1

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Just a couple in:

Toys R Us Purple Parallel

Just need the other auto 1/1 for the 'master set' of these.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
So when are you going to interview yourself for the collector segment :)

Also a question, if you could start all over would you still pick up as many duplicates of cards, or would you focus more on uniques?

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
So when are you going to interview yourself for the collector segment :)

Also a question, if you could start all over would you still pick up as many duplicates of cards, or would you focus more on uniques?

First question, probably never.

Second question, no. I'd still pick up all copies. There's only been a few times where I've dropped like $80 on a card that I have, only to have a 1/1 booklet or something pop. Sure, it'd be great to get those into the collection, but I'm not splitting hairs over it. I know over on BO, one member is pissy because I've got two copies of the 2011 Bowman Platinum Red Refractor autograph #'d/10 and won't give one up (for a set I think he's going after). He's had told me, "Well, I'll give you $25 since that's about all it's worth". Of course, that went over as well as a wet fart in church with me. I just said, "It'll be in my collection then, since I have no intention of letting it go, but especially not $25." He got pissy, like a rich spoiled kid who didn't get his way.

The one regret would be not selling doubles in April of 2011. Base Topps Chrome were hitting $25 regularly :( (I'm sitting on about 50 of 'em).

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Always nice to add a super to the mix. Any word if JJ can get back into the mix? Would love to see him regain some of his form, he is still only 30 years old.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Always nice to add a super to the mix. Any word if JJ can get back into the mix? Would love to see him regain some of his form, he is still only 30 years old.

I think it's my third super. And, if he comes back, I hope it's as a reliever. He just doesn't have the mustard to start anymore. Hopefully he isn't done, as I'd like to just once see him pitch in person, live.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I think it's my third super. And, if he comes back, I hope it's as a reliever. He just doesn't have the mustard to start anymore. Hopefully he isn't done, as I'd like to just once see him pitch in person, live.

I think the Blue Jays over paid for him at the time but I think someone will take a flier on him at a reasonable price.

Members online