Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

June 2020 PICKUP THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I went almost 4 pages deep and did not see a June pick up thread so here goes. Recently picked up a McGwire PSA slabbed card from a food issue from the 1990's- but not a food we'd eat . Doggie health food. When I get time going to write more about it in my Red Sox 365 day post but here's the pickup. Also had unopened packages included with of course many star players associated.

MILKBONE-RESEARCH.jpg
MILKBONE-RESEARCH-bk.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Nice Soroka I see your building quite the collection of him :cool:

Recent buys (football not baseball for once)

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More June pickups that arrived. These pickups just show me that eBay is a very strange place lately. On both items I expected to pay decently for.

The 2000 Omega Red Full Count numbered for Garciaparra is # 19/25 and was picked up when Beckett ran a 20% dealer special on memorial Day weekend. Lucked out as it saved me quite a bit .

The second one is the 2004 Fleer Classic Clippings Bat Rack Trio with Derek Jeter and Kaz Matsui. The Classic Clippings I was fully prepared to go HUGE on my bid. It was a) labeled # 5/25 which is Garciaparra's uniform # and b) a Jeter/Garciaparra item low numbered to 25, which involves Jeter guys and c) has a famous Japanese player who is also collected frequently.

So figured 3 digits right? After battling on about 10 other Nomar items that week that I lost despite going super high with bids-- this one clocks in at a tad over $25 with taxes. I initially thought my snipe didn't go off. I had to log into ebay and look at the bidding. Could not believe no one bid on it as high as I expected. Lucky day. Sweated it out til it came in was that scared I wouldn't see it went so low I nearly fainted when it did arrive :love:

full

full

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
More June pickups that arrived. These pickups just show me that eBay is a very strange place lately. On both items I expected to pay decently for.

The 2000 Omega Red Full Count numbered for Garciaparra is # 19/25 and was picked up when Beckett ran a 20% dealer special on memorial Day weekend. Lucked out as it saved me quite a bit .

The second one is the 2004 Fleer Classic Clippings Bat Rack Trio with Derek Jeter and Kaz Matsui. The Classic Clippings I was fully prepared to go HUGE on my bid. It was a) labeled # 5/25 which is Garciaparra's uniform # and b) a Jeter/Garciaparra item low numbered to 25, which involves Jeter guys and c) has a famous Japanese player who is also collected frequently.

So figured 3 digits right? After battling on about 10 other Nomar items that week that I lost despite going super high with bids-- this one clocks in at a tad over $25 with taxes. I initially thought my snipe didn't go off. I had to log into ebay and look at the bidding. Could not believe no one bid on it as high as I expected. Lucky day. Sweated it out til it came in was that scared I wouldn't see it went so low I nearly fainted when it did arrive :love:

full

full

Whenever you randomly get something way cheaper than expected your instincts always go to "Something must be wrong", but I'm happy it worked out for you!

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Been awhile since I've uploaded any pics here; what is everyone using for pics? Or can we load a picture directly these days?
I work from a desk top. I click the Insert Icon.png icon and drag the image to the box that appears.

Attachments

• Insert Icon.png
    Insert Icon.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 5

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I just received a package from the Netherlands from a trade that was sent 2 months ago. I traded a bunch of 1971 Topps football for about 150 vintage non-sports cards. Including about 75 1935 Horrors of War card in poor to good condition. All kinds of military sets from the Green Berets, the program Combat. And some early English issue cigarette cards.

Members online

Latest posts