Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just curious.....how many of you have been to the FCB shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's 90% of my business, MTG is the largest by far
Glad you're successful, but only 10% of your sales being sports cards is a sad reality on the state of baseball card shops.
I'm surprised Magic cards have lasted longer than the usual kids' fads.
Good luck with your shop. I'd visit if I didn't live 5,000 miles away.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Raises hand.
Been there, made love to that.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Glad you're successful, but only 10% of your sales being sports cards is a sad reality on the state of baseball card shops.

Yeah, MTG is a very surprising phenomenon. Especially with how hard video games push the market for kids-young adults now. You'd figure MTG wouldn't stand a chance. Back when it came out in the early 90's(like 93) video games were good but not good enough to dominate like they are now. I guess my question is...why isn't D&D still up and kicking if MTG is? As long as you had a few friends who played, that could be a really cool game. Dorky as hell...yes. But it could be fun. And it's not any dorkier than playing a video game.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Yeah, MTG is a very surprising phenomenon. Especially with how hard video games push the market for kids-young adults now. You'd figure MTG wouldn't stand a chance. Back when it came out in the early 90's(like 93) video games were good but not good enough to dominate like they are now. I guess my question is...why isn't D&D still up and kicking if MTG is? As long as you had a few friends who played, that could be a really cool game. Dorky as hell...yes. But it could be fun. And it's not any dorkier than playing a video game.

Imagination is rare

Plus stores dont really push d&d because there isnt that much to sell.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
I bought a few magic cards in the late 90s when I was still a kid. The artwork was great and the game had solid depth. There were overpowered chase cards as well as cards that would combo nicely with easier to get cards. If I had someone to play with maybe I'd still be playing today, but there were too few into it.

To me its a mix of Lord of the Rings and Diablo 1.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I bought a few magic cards in the late 90s when I was still a kid. The artwork was great and the game had solid depth. There were overpowered chase cards as well as cards that would combo nicely with easier to get cards. If I had someone to play with maybe I'd still be playing today, but there were too few into it.

To me its a mix of Lord of the Rings and Diablo 1.

Id bet there are plenty of people around you playing.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
That was back when I lived in AK. yeah I bet there are some around here indeed. I liked swamp decks and white as well. Building decks was very fun iirc... although most of mine must have sucked

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Once!

Till you got wife owned.

It's nothing about the lady....its all about the job. I blame my job!

I replied in the podcast thread....depending on time commitment I might be your guy.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Id own it

Doubtful. That Acadmey Deck(which I built at one time after seeing it used) would put most people out of their misery quick. Which is why, at least back when I played, damn near any of the decent cards useful for the deck had been banned in type 2 tourney play. I used to play the hell out of that game. I just can't justify spending the time to play or build decks anymore. It's fun when you don't have much going on. I can barley keep up with collecting sports cards I can stow away in a box and forget about.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'm for a road trip to see Austin LOL

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Doubtful. That Acadmey Deck(which I built at one time after seeing it used) would put most people out of their misery quick. Which is why, at least back when I played, damn near any of the decent cards useful for the deck had been banned in type 2 tourney play. I used to play the hell out of that game. I just can't justify spending the time to play or build decks anymore. It's fun when you don't have much going on. I can barley keep up with collecting sports cards I can stow away in a box and forget about.

Yeah, that deck isnt legal though so you cant play it in a tournament.

Members online