Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kinda warms your heart, doesn't it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I know this is a baseball forum, but the basketball forums look prettttty dead, so forgive me.

Anyway, like most of you, as a kid I would spend hours sorting baseball cards. I didn't know it at the time, but they helped with my reading, adding, and attention to detail. More importantly for my parents, they would keep me occupied when the weather was bad, or I was stuck inside for whatever reason.

Fast forward to March 2020. My 5-year-old nephew, who is a huge basketball fan, is forced to stay home from school with his parents, who are forced to stay home and work. It's been about 2 weeks now, and as you can imagine, they are all going a little stir-crazy. A rambunctious 5-year-old's energy can cause havoc to productivity.

So I decided to throw a Hail Mary, hoping he was old enough to get the same spark from basketball cards that I got from baseball cards. I ordered him the only 2 retail boxes that were somewhat affordable (Why are they so expensive!?). Anywho, I think it was a success. He spent hours sorting the 80-something cards.

cards1.jpg

He even had a pretty big hit, which I don't want to tell him or his parents was worth about $100... because it might make him like cards for monetary reasons WAY too early. (Although I cringed when I saw it on the floor lol)

cards2.jpg

But the thing I loved the most is when he thought everyone was sleep, he snuck over with his night light to sort some more.

cards3.jpg

Anywho, if anyone has any basketball -- newer/older whatever that isn't worth a ton, I'd love to buy a few lots to keep him busy. Would love it if they included stars and legend commons/base/inserts/cool looking cards. (Wax is too expensive lol)

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
A while back, I gave a friends son about 20,000 Topps baseball cards. Mostly commons. Just stuff I didn't want. His father and his mother, even his teenage sister helped him sort them by player and team. It took them about 2 weeks to go through them. I asked the lady last week what did he do with all the cards. She says "oh there just sitting in the boxes in his closet." Oh well, I tried. :(

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I have this half full monster box that is probably 95 % ‘90 Hoops and Skybox with few other things mixed in, they aren’t in Eastern Pennsylvania anywhere are they? Lol. If they were I’d just give it to em, otherwise shipping will probably be killer...
Image1585695833.194326.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts