Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onions

Dec 8, 2014
North Dakota
Onions, here's the example of the 1992 MSA card that I have. Mine appears to be a cut out of some sort. I'd love to find a version of the card you have though, so please let me know if anyone has that available for sale.

View attachment 86999

View attachment 87000

Thanks for the pic. That is exactly the one I had seen from the Cecil collector. The one I have is blank on the back. I'm sure it was part of a lot I purchased years ago. Will keep an eye out for another one.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
2003 Donruss Signature Series Legends of Summer run is finally complete.
Base/250
2003 Donruss Signature Series Legends of Summer - 250.jpg
Century/100
2003 Donruss Signature Series Legends of Summer Century - 100.jpg
Decade/10
2003 Donruss Signauture Series Legends of Sumer Decade - 10.jpg
Auto
2003 Donruss Signature Series Legends of Summer Auto.jpg
Auto Decade/10
2003 Donruss Signature Series Legends of Summer Decade Auto - 10.jpg

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
If anybody's looking at bidding on the Puckett Pinnacle First Pitch Preview card that was listed today by eBay seller sgtphx, the seller says they've never listed it before, but the same seller sold one on Sunday, and the photos of the card, the markings on the card, are all the same.

I'm just going to put this out there and let you draw your own conclusions because in my mind it's pretty obvious what's happening here...

1.PNG

2.png

3.png

4.png

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I noticed that too Matthew, in fact, I’m pretty sure this is the 3rd time they’ve listed the card, selling it twice already. The first it went for under $120, then under $180...

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I was wondering why I kept seeing them listed. Glad I have mine so I don't have to deal with this nonsense.

Apr 13, 2010
If anybody's looking at bidding on the Puckett Pinnacle First Pitch Preview card that was listed today by eBay seller sgtphx, the seller says they've never listed it before, but the same seller sold one on Sunday, and the photos of the card, the markings on the card, are all the same.

I'm just going to put this out there and let you draw your own conclusions because in my mind it's pretty obvious what's happening here...

Update...

"I didn't even know it was listed..."

View attachment 88932

I've had this experience when purchasing a "relisted" Joe Mauer card. Likely nothing nefarious, but instead an eBay glitch.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Sold-items-are-getting-relisted-automatically/td-p/24432452

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
The last couple of years I've tried to acquire most of the Optic run of Kirby just because they're shiny, and we don't get many new cards of #34.

For 2019, I'm thinking I'll just pick up the inexpensive Prizmss. It's pretty obvious that Panini's photo library must be very sparse, or that they just don't care.

As a video guy by trade, I'm a pretty visual person, and the lack of variety is getting old.

The 2019 photo selection is pretty much a hybrid of both images they used on the 2017 Diamond Kings in terms of the uniform and the swing. Pretty much every other Diamond Kings release of late has also just been generic batting photos.

Yaaaaawn. Anybody else wishing they would produce something with some photographic variety for our guy?

Puckett.jpg

Apr 13, 2010
Yaaaaawn. Anybody else wishing they would produce something with some photographic variety for our guy?
Definitely! One of my favorite Kirby card images (with Pedro Muñoz on the lookout).

1993 Upper Deck - [Base] #565 - Kirby Puckett
Courtesy of COMC.com

There are lots of cards of Kirby batting (still cool), but action fielding shots are fantastic! Anyone else have a favorite fielding card?

Members online