Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LaRussa and Maddux to go into the HOF as......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^Best comment under the article on ESPN is "The only people who think of Maddux as a Cub are sour Cubs fans" - So good. It's somewhat true... I mean who else when thinking of Maddux, thinks of CUBS as the first thing that comes to mind?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
^^Best comment under the article on ESPN is "The only people who think of Maddux as a Cub are sour Cubs fans" - So good. It's somewhat true... I mean who else when thinking of Maddux, thinks of CUBS as the first thing that comes to mind?

Cubs fans that are still pissed at mgmt for letting him walk.

Wrigley

Feb 6, 2012
I still can't get over the fact Tony Larussa isn't going in as a Cub. His playing career as a Cub involved him winning 100% of the games he played in as a Cub, and as a pinch runner in that 1 magical game, he never even got to run the bases despite pinch running for fellow HOFer Ron Santo at 1st base!!! (Obviously this whole Larussa as a Cub thing is sarcasm).

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I still can't get over the fact Tony Larussa isn't going in as a Cub. His playing career as a Cub involved him winning 100% of the games he played in as a Cub, and as a pinch runner in that 1 magical game, he never even got to run the bases despite pinch running for fellow HOFer Ron Santo at 1st base!!! (Obviously this whole Larussa as a Cub thing is sarcasm).

Santo was as fast as lightning speeding around those bases in his wheelchair.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Cubs fans that are still pissed at mgmt for letting him walk.

I can verify this. Nice job, Larry Himes. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...40110_1_larry-himes-cubs-fans-maddux-decision

You have to be a real idiot to not work out that contract and justify your stupidity by pointing to the signings of Jose Guzman and Randy Myers. At least Myers was great as a Cub and we got to enjoy watching a fan charge the mound on him and subsequently getting beaten up by Randy.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Members online

Latest posts