Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Ink - 2 Box Break (Scans added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 13, 2008
I thought I'd take a shot on these. I don't purchase too much wax anymore and I get a lot of my cards TTM. I saw the release and thought they were a good idea. I didn't necessarily make money back, but that's not why I bust anyway. All of these probably will stay in my collection.

This is my first purchase from the new Leaf. All in all, I got some nice signed vintage which makes me happy as a collector. Yes, I may have bought them cheaper on Ebay, but they are all slabbed and authenticated, so I don't need to send them out for that service.

Box 1
1964 Topps Ed Roebuck
scan0010.jpg

1967 Topps George Altman
scan0011.jpg

1989 Pacific Legends Milt Pappas
scan0012.jpg

1952 Topps! P-Nuts Lowrey (dec. 1986)
scan0013.jpg

Cut auto - Lefty Taber - pitched for the Phillies in 1926/27 - died in 1983.
scan0014.jpg

Box 2
1962 Topps Bill Mazeroski - a nice signed HOFer auto
scan0015.jpg

1967 Topps Jim Hickman
scan0006.jpg

1955 Topps Bob Milliken (dec 2007)
scan0007.jpg

1983 Fleer Ferguson Jenkins auto (PSA/DNA) - also a nice HOFer auto
scan0008.jpg

Cut auto - Matt Nokes -- urgh, the only real bad one in the bunch.
scan0009.jpg

Again, I know I could have got some of these TTM myself, but they are slabbed and authenticated so in some ways it's a wash. The first box was nice with the 52 auto and the second was also good with a 55 auto and 2 HOFers.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Re: Leaf Ink - 2 Box Break

I think that's one of the cool things about these products. You may not get a "huge" hit, but you'll get some solid collection inventory.

And really, I'd rather have a signed slabbed $20 card of a former "star" than a $20 jersey card, etc.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009

Those look solid, seems like a real interesting product. Definitely not going to lose your a** no matter what, so that's a plus.

But, WTF...Matt Nokes as a cut auto? Can you post a scan. I totally believe you, but it's one of those, "you gotta see it to believe it things." I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if I pulled that.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008

I would love to see scans just to get an idea of the quality of the autographs

Captain Feathersword said:
I'll try and post tonight, however, this post is frightening when you see this

[quote="AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR":3yr11uxn]
thisthreadisworthless.jpg

Followed up by this

AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
When was the last time you looked at my balls?
[/quote:3yr11uxn]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
More frightening is that I am holding the yellow sign! ;)

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

I don't get it - I have HOFer signed PSA/DNA RC's that cost a fraction of the box price of these and people seemingly get offended when I quote what are insanely reasonable prices. Then people go crazy over products like these littered with mediocre and random signed cards (not RC's, etc.). To each his own I suppose.

By the way, not a knock at the OP or anything, I just have trouble understanding this hobby sometimes.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008

Why buy from you when you have a chance to pull a Ruth or Mays etc?
That's the appeal, there is no fun in buying these cards from others when the big hits are lurking out there.

JEA2880 said:
I don't get it - I have HOFer signed PSA/DNA RC's that cost a fraction of the box price of these and people seemingly get offended when I quote what are insanely reasonable prices. Then people go crazy over products like these littered with mediocre and random signed cards (not RC's, etc.). To each his own I suppose.

By the way, not a knock at the OP or anything, I just have trouble understanding this hobby sometimes.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

goldenegg1 said:
Why buy from you when you have a chance to pull a Ruth or Mays etc?
That's the appeal, there is no fun in buying these cards from others when the big hits are lurking out there.

JEA2880 said:

Exactly right. The wax side of this hobby is straight gamblin! I can certainly see the draw to these, especially at a very reasonable price point.

Having said that, I personally have a hard time believing that these cases, being a "reward" for Leaf's distributors, were sent out at random. WHAT?! A Leaf conspiracy theory?!

Aug 13, 2008
Scans have been added. I had no problem buying these boxes. It was a fun break to see what I could get. Again, I wasn't planning to resell these or hope for profit. I was hoping for an auto'd HOFer that I don't have, but again, I'm happy with what I got.

Members online