Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Scoring Points with Retailers and Collectors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Brian,

Please make sure your blasters are available in Canada at Walmart and Target (when they arrive in 2013).

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Valiant has been a HUGE winner for me. I busted 7 cases hit 2 Ichiro autos (1 Green, 1 Orange). After listing everything using a BIN/BO approach, I sold several of the top hits and then after a month I pulled the top 5-7 players that had gone unsold and sent them for grading. The remaining cards have sold gradually since release and I still have the Ichiro Orange Auto, plus about 200 raw autos and everything I sent to BGS. I should double my money by the time this is all said and done.

I also listed my case worth of autos from Valiant with BIN/BO's, and they sold decent. I will probably lose ~$200 when all is said and done. I know that busting multiple cases is best, and the 2 Ichiro's are nice, but I highly doubt you would double your money. And regarding the grading, is grading these Leaf cards really that profitable? I have bought many graded Leaf autos from Metal and Valiant, and they don't sell for that much of a premium, probably due to the cards grading so well that a BGS 9.5 is not really that scarce.

Who knows, maybe you will double your money-but man, there are a ton of autos in Valiant that are hardly worth $3.

thefatguy said:
Brian,

Please make sure your blasters are available in Canada at Walmart and Target (when they arrive in 2013).

If BG needs a little convincing - I'm sure this gal would more than willing to help you guys out

Canadianwomen2.jpg

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
gradedeflator said:
I realize this may not be the right thread to post in but given that people responding here may actually know something about Leaf thought I would ask.

1) is leaf valiant 2011 a good buy at $100 a box? been thinking about buying for a while mainly to have a remote shot at an ichiro auto. haven't followed box prices too much so wondering what people thought.

2) Also, worth buying loose boxes or saving up for a case?

3) Anyone know what red 1/1's have NOT been pulled? I know the Ichiro and Rendon are gone...

thanks for any help

I know the Bundy has been pulled. Big names I haven't seen are Starling, Profar, Cole, and Bauer, but that doesn't mean they haven't been pulled, I haven't been following that closely

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
would be cool to see Leaf Tennis Legends

Yes.

Gimme on card Steffi Graf auto.

Been waiting on one for years.... Ace hasnt done one yet. Hopefully soon.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
notjomommasclint said:
Isnt the profur in hail2s sig? Not sure if it's his but I assume it's out there.
Yeah, the Profar Leaf Metal Superfractor is in my hands(and my sig).

The Valiant 1/1 red Profar sold on eBay a month or 2 ago.

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
I want the card with the Tyson sig and note - was that from the Ali product?

If not, which product then?

Jeesh, I go to Hawaii for a week and come back to find Leaf in retail stores...the hobby went crazy in 10 days....and I LIKE it!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Those who hate on Leaf are mainly people that don't even rip it. Or at least that is my observation.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cgilmo said:
FWIW

I hope that people will start to see that an option like leaf is a great thing for the hobby. I've been saying this all along, and I still get laughed at some times.
It's a great option, but will never be all it can without licensing.

I also don't see how they'll put out 30 products next year. That seems insane.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ChasHawk said:
cgilmo said:
FWIW

I hope that people will start to see that an option like leaf is a great thing for the hobby. I've been saying this all along, and I still get laughed at some times.
It's a great option, but will never be all it can without licensing.

I also don't see how they'll put out 30 products next year. That seems insane.

You can do just fine without licencing

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ChasHawk said:
ThoseBackPages said:
30 releases total seems doable
No doubt it's doable. It just seems like a lot, even if it's across genres.

I just hope the quality people have come to expect doesn't suffer.

i hear you.

i personally feel there is a large window of opportunity for an all inclusive (Legends Past and Present) Tennis Set.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
ThoseBackPages said:
30 releases total seems doable
No doubt it's doable. It just seems like a lot, even if it's across genres.

I just hope the quality people have come to expect doesn't suffer.

Has it suffered so far? We are will be at 10 by end of march... BG

Latest posts