Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Cain is dealing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Matt Cain is my favorite non-Brewer pitcher (and he ranks higher than quite a few Brewers pitchers right now ::facepalm:: ). I think he is so underrated.

I used to dream that The Brewers would trade Prince to SF for Cain and some change...

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
This offense still scares me. Even with everyone hitting well and overacheiving (Sandoval, Molina, Uribe, Whiteside, Rentaria, etc.), it's not a potent offense. Relying on 4 of your starts with finish with ERA's around 2 is probably not realistic. Hopefully, the Giants will make a move to add a legit hitter soon.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
fengzhang said:
This offense still scares me. Even with everyone hitting well and overacheiving (Sandoval, Molina, Uribe, Whiteside, Rentaria, etc.), it's not a potent offense. Relying on 4 of your starts with finish with ERA's around 2 is probably not realistic. Hopefully, the Giants will make a move to add a legit hitter soon.

Carl Crawford.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
kdailey4315 said:
fengzhang said:

Carl Crawford.

I'm not entirely sold on him as a run producer. I could totally see him as a .290, 10 HR hitter with the Giants. Probably not worth the cost to get him.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
i don't think sandoval is overachieving at all.

Juan Uribe may be. hitting over .320 with 3 bombs and what like 15+ rbi for a second baseman!

They can't take him out when sanchez comes back. bench renteria please?!!!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
fengzhang said:
kdailey4315 said:
fengzhang said:

Carl Crawford.

I'm not entirely sold on him as a run producer. I could totally see him as a .290, 10 HR hitter with the Giants. Probably not worth the cost to get him.

Really? In that big ass park he may only hit 10 HR's but how many triples and doubles will he get? No matter what the Giants are going to have to overpay for hitters to come here.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
This offense is like the 2002 angel offense that beat the giants in WS. A bunch of singles hitters that can extend innings. They had a two out rally started with a walk yesterday; that hasn't happened for three seasons. This team will be so dangerous if they get into the playoffs. I'd love to see some of those east coast teams come out to san francisco and struggle to score a run or two a game. It is a different game in that ballpark and that team is built perfectly for it.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
What would the rays want for trade? They don't need pitching, which is what we mainly have.

If you mean next year for FA it'll be hard to compete with the Yankees.

so the outfield: Crawford, Rowand, Schierholtz? 4th oufielder velez?

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
What would the rays want for trade? They don't need pitching, which is what we mainly have.

VElez is on his way out, Bowker will stay up.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
seitas said:
darocker80 said:

please, i absolutley hate velez.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
seitas said:
darocker80 said:

waldis was sent day today to make room for rowand and velez will go when sanchez is ready to play, unless someone gets hurts between now and then.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
seitas said:
darocker80 said:
seitas said:
darocker80 said:

waldis was sent day today to make room for rowand and velez will go when sanchez is ready to play, unless someone gets hurts between now and then.
who sits for sancehZ?

johnny rook. I need an 02chrome parallel for my PC. Willing to let 1 go? please :(

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:

Crawford for Posey. Crawford signs a 5 year extention so its not a rental. Molina is too important to that team to take him out for a rookie who MIGHT be able to handle the reason your team is good.

Make it happen.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Mudcatsfan said:
darocker80 said:

Crawford for Posey. Crawford signs a 5 year extention so its not a rental. Molina is too important to that team to take him out for a rookie who MIGHT be able to handle the reason your team is good.

Make it happen.
hey at least we have tommy joseph up and coming.

Members online

Latest posts