Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Mets acquired OF Collin Cowgill from the Athletics for INF Jefry Marte.

Cowgill, 26, owns a .255/.319/.311 batting line through 216 plate appearances in the big leagues. A right-handed hitter, he'll likely be used as a fourth outfielder in Queens. The trade clears a spot on Oakland's 40-man roster for the recently-signed Hiroyuki Nakajima.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I like the Dickey deal. I know he won the Cy Young, but I don't see how anyone can be confident he would come close to replicating last season, and odds are the Mets are a couple years away from contention anyways. It's hard to know with prospects, but with Wheeler and Harvey, and the guys they just brought in, there's a chance in 2-3 years from now they have some solid talent there at very low cost, and with some big contracts coming off the books they may be able to make a couple of signings as well by then and have a formidable team.

WaxPax

Let the countdown begin.....

The Mets announced that pitchers and catchers will report to Port St. Lucie on Monday, February 11.

Pitchers and catchers will take their physicals on Tuesday, February 12, and they will workout for the first time on Wednesday, February 13.
Position players will report to Port St. Lucie on Saturday, February 16, their physicals will be Sunday, February 17, and the first full squad workout will be Monday, February 18.
The Mets open their Grapefruit League schedule on Saturday, February 23 against the Washington Nationals at 1:10 p.m. in Port St. Lucie.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Why do I feel like we are the only two Mets fans around here, we gotta pull the others out of the woodwork!!

WaxPax

Nice Met hit for the PC in my Sterling case break...

neublkrefauto_zpsf8cc5fa6.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Very nice!! I picked up a Neiuwenhuis, or however you spell it, early on in the free to a good home low end thread

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I ve tried to sell Mets cards for five years at local stadium and i can say ----------------------THEY AIN'T HIDING IN NC

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Don't know if you guys collect other stuff than just cards, but I thought it would be fun to show off some of our favorite Mets stuff we'd accumulated through the years. Here's a couple of mine...

And damn, one more to come when I can find it... I can't believe I misplaced this one :/

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356556301.265716.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356556301.265716.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 25
  • ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356556387.523114.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356556387.523114.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 25
  • ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356556454.879092.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356556454.879092.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 26

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
BIG NEWS PEOPLE!!!!

Mets Sign Aaron Laffey
By Zach Links [December 27 at 12:33pm CST]
The Mets announced that they have signed left-hander Aaron Laffey to a minor league contract with an invite to major league spring training. The Kohm/Pasti client elected free agency from the Blue Jays in October.

Laffey, 27, pitched to a 4.56 ERA with 4.3 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9 in 16 starts and six relief appearances for Toronto last season. The veteran also made eleven starts for Triple-A Las Vegas, posting a 4.52 ERA with 5.4 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9. Laffey signed a split contract with the Blue Jays right around this time last year that paid him $800K for making the big league roster.

So, maybe it wasn't that newsworthy...

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
BIG NEWS PEOPLE!!!!

Mets Sign Aaron Laffey
By Zach Links [December 27 at 12:33pm CST]
The Mets announced that they have signed left-hander Aaron Laffey to a minor league contract with an invite to major league spring training. The Kohm/Pasti client elected free agency from the Blue Jays in October.

Laffey, 27, pitched to a 4.56 ERA with 4.3 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9 in 16 starts and six relief appearances for Toronto last season. The veteran also made eleven starts for Triple-A Las Vegas, posting a 4.52 ERA with 5.4 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9. Laffey signed a split contract with the Blue Jays right around this time last year that paid him $800K for making the big league roster.

So, maybe it wasn't that newsworthy...

Great...now we'll have 90 million in payroll in spring training and still be fielding a AAAA team once the season starts......but on the plus side, we'll have enough of those 4.5 ERA spot starters on the roster for when Santana goes down again in June.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts