Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Memorable releases and sets from the last 15 years (post-DLP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Cards from the DLP-era from 2000-2005 stick out as some of the most memorable releases for me even to this day. I was most active then. It seems that I blinked and the next 15 years went by and here we are at 2020. I was glancing through the releases from the last 15 years, they all blend together for me, shiny and silver cards - Tier One, Transcendent, Tribute, etc. I can't keep it straight. Obviously there have been many major rookie cards (Trout, Judge, Alonso, etc.) and those sets/cards are collected but I feel most of those are iterations from prior sets, Update, Heritage, Bowman Chrome.

The one example that immediately comes to my mind is Allen & Ginter. I love their creative inserts, stained glass parallels and token cards. This era also includes the twilight years of Upper Deck, they had a few good releases as well.

I am looking to learn a bit more about certain releases which have stood the test of time from this era and still resonate with collectors today. They don't have to be high value, could be something obscure and unique like the 2012 A&G Rollercoaster Cabinets. All the decade-in-review articles I found just go through the high-end and key rookies and autographs.

What are your most memorable sets, subsets, and inserts from the post-DLP era?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I really like the design, colors and photography of the 2009 OPC set. The 3X gu cards are very colorful. The auto subset is cool, although it seems to lack solid names for the most part. I want a Corey Wade, but have not found one at a price I feel is reasonable yet. I don't know how expensive this release was, but seems like it was loaded with fun.

s-l1600.jpgOrlando-Hudson.jpgd7edplpylctk.jpgMark-Loretta.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Big fan of the Bowman Platinum sets, even though their design doesn't change much from year to year.

And I've really enjoyed the Stadium Club sets since they started them back up...

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
2011 Topps Marquee was fun. Great photography, huge emphasis on game-used. No stickers!

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
National Treasures is arguably my favorite baseball and football set of all-time.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Thank you all for the replies. I've enjoyed going through COMC, BaseballCardPedia, and Becktt for the sets you've all posted here.

With no card shows this season, this has allowed me to discover new sets and subsets. I've already added a few wants to my watch lists.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Big fan of the Bowman Platinum sets, even though their design doesn't change much from year to year.

And I've really enjoyed the Stadium Club sets since they started them back up...
Any chance you have any of the 2012 Bowman Platinum Gold #d to 50 and/or Red # to 25 Refractors. Working on the 100 card sets with 84 of the 100 Gold #d to 50 and 58 of the 100 Red Refractor #d to 25 so far . Lots of dupes to trade in those if you have any I need for my sets. I particularly liked the inks Bowman used in 2012 in the Purple, Green, Blue, Gold and Red Refractors that year

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Any chance you have any of the 2012 Bowman Platinum Gold #d to 50 and/or Red # to 25 Refractors. Working on the 100 card sets with 84 of the 100 Gold #d to 50 and 58 of the 100 Red Refractor #d to 25 so far . Lots of dupes to trade in those if you have any I need for my sets. I particularly liked the inks Bowman used in 2012 in the Purple, Green, Blue, Gold and Red Refractors that year

Sorry no luck man.

Just did sets mostly and a bit of ‘10 colors, which were un-numbered...

Members online

Latest posts