Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Memorial Day 5/26 2014 Daily FCB Morning thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
We have school today (south Texas) as a make up day for our...wait for it..."Snow Day", we had back in February. (It got down to almost 33 degrees!) Thankfully, we are having a Memorial Day assembly this afternoon.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning.
Everyone have a happy and safe Memorial Day.
My body is rebelling against all the birthday food and lack of sleep. Sour stomach, Do not want to be at work this morning.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Morning all, thanks to all the Vets, and a prayer to those who made the Ultimate Sacrifice. Hope everyone takes a moment to really remember why they have today off (or should, for those that don't) while they enjoy their BBQs, etc!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I think I show these same pics every Veterans / Memorial Day, so I'll do it again:

Ask if you are wondering what these photo's are of.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Dave - I never tire of seeing those pictures. It's a testament to how cruel humans can be to one another but, more importantly, how resilient the human spirit can be when properly motivated.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Dave - I never tire of seeing those pictures. It's a testament to how cruel humans can be to one another but, more importantly, how resilient the human spirit can be when properly motivated.

When we go back in 2016, I hope to hit up where a lot of the older bombed buildings are in Manila. Twice now Theresa hasn't wanted to go. I told her, "If we don't go there this time, I'll find someone to bring me". We're also going to Tacloban, where the typhoon hit this past November. I know MacArthur landed there, so, while trying to rebuild what we can, I'll need at least one day of military sightseeing (lucky Theresa's uncle served in the Navy, so he'll be on board with us going somewhere to see these sites and pay our respects).

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
When we go back in 2016, I hope to hit up where a lot of the older bombed buildings are in Manila. Twice now Theresa hasn't wanted to go. I told her, "If we don't go there this time, I'll find someone to bring me". We're also going to Tacloban, where the typhoon hit this past November. I know MacArthur landed there, so, while trying to rebuild what we can, I'll need at least one day of military sightseeing (lucky Theresa's uncle served in the Navy, so he'll be on board with us going somewhere to see these sites and pay our respects).

Please, be sure to take plenty of pictures if/when you go. I have a bunch of pictures from when I spent 8 days on Wake Island. When you get time, Google it if you don't already know the history of it. The Japanese bunkers are still there and 50 cal. shells are still found on the beaches where the heaviest fighting took place.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I know of it. Would love to visit there but I just don't think that'll be in the books.

BUT, I know I'll be taking a ton of photo's when I got there. Usually get close to filling up a SIM card with pics, just because I never know if I'll ever get back.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thank you to everyone who has served our country in any capacity. You are appreciated every day, but only officially remembered occasionally.
DANNY

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
001_zpsdc964e2a.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'm at the end of a line of about 15 kids and several hard core auto hounds so I'm lucky to get the one I got .
You should be able to read Pete Rose Jr's auto

Hakuna Machado

May 20, 2014
Maryland
Had a great day today. Tomorrow I will take the first of my three exams. I still have Brit. Lit. and U.S. History and then my high school career is official over.

Members online