Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Taylor vs. Chris Carter

Oakland's New (Assumed) #1 Prospect Is?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Now that I've done a poll asking who Toronto's new #1 prospect is, I figured I'd ask the same question for Oakland's system, especially now that Wallace is leaving. We've got two big dudes to choose from here.

And since Oakland's system has quite a bit more depth to it, I've included an "Other" option as well. Please fill us in who you would pick, if not those two.

My vote goes to Carter, as he has shown a lot of improvement in his plate discipline this season, while blasting some moonshots. He's not nearly as athletic as Taylor, so I'm thinking this will be a close call.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I'll take Taylor. Carter puts ups huge numbers, no doubt. But his age always seems to be a year too old at each level for me to buy him as an elite prospect. Last year he primarily played at AA at 22 years old. To me, that's a potential red flag. He could still be Adam Dunn but for some reason he seems to me like he has a decent chance go top out as an amazing minor league hitter. I hope he does well...but his numbers strike me as similar to another player-- which one of these guys would you rather have based on these stat profiles:

pickering.jpg

carter.jpg

Pick one first and then scroll down for answer

Yes the bottom one is Chris Carter....the top one is Calvin Pickering. To you guys who can make $ card prospecting more power to you!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
IMO M.Taylor is quite a bit more valuable due to his plus arm in the OF. Though I'm almost certain that BA will rate Carter above Taylor (M.Taylor is one of BA's red-headed stepchildren, you can set your watch to thier consistency of down-playing his talent, value, production, & future potential).

We'll see, Dave. :D

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Taylor is awesome, a future franchise player. I was looking forward to seeing him play in Philly.

Members online