Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mickey Mantle autograph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARyan_

Mar 17, 2011
Hi guys! Im only new to this forum and was wondering if you guys could help me. Ive this Mickey Mantle signed plaque card signed in the 80's and was wondering if it was real?
Thanks again!
ARyan_

ARyan_

Mar 17, 2011
Ive tried getting it done by PSA/DNA quick opinion but it needs to be listed as an ebay auction for some reason so I was told to get it checked by PAAS and they said it was likely genuine but then I was told PAAS isnt a good place to get it checked :lol: Thats why I posted it here :D
Thanks for the really quick reply and welcoming! really appreciated! :D

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
You can list it on ebay pretty much for free (or at least less the a dollar) then have PSA do there quick look.

Welcome!

ARyan_

Mar 17, 2011
Im gonna end up doing the ebay auction and asking PSA/DNA but before I do I was just wondering what you guys thought of it? whether it would be worth asking them when yous might be able to tell if it was real :D so if anyones got any opinions it would be great! thanks for the help btw guys! :D

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
Looks good to me, for only $50 I'll even send you a Certificate of Authenticity.

If its for your personal collection, you don't need PSA/DNA's opinion, because that's all it is.
There are professional forgers who are better at signing Mantle's signature than Mantle ever was (at least they're sober).

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
ARyan_ said:
By the sounds of things its looking like its not real? :lol:

by no means am I professional. But for under 11$ you can list it on ebay and ask PSA, who know more than myself.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
He's saying it's not real because of the "Ms." The confined space of the signature (trying to keep it in the yellow and on the card) have to be taken into consideration. Considering just the "ickey" and "antle" portions of the signature, it's likely real. Not pretty by any means, but real.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
BunchOBull said:
He's saying it's not real because of the "Ms." The confined space of the signature (trying to keep it in the yellow and on the card) have to be taken into consideration. Considering just the "ickey" and "antle" portions of the signature, it's likely real. Not pretty by any means, but real.

Good point

ARyan_

Mar 17, 2011
Makes sense actually, I read Mantle always signed on a bright part so his signature could be clearly seen, but then the signature also has to be perfect to be a Mantle cause he never signed sloppy I was told yesterday... its quite something :L Thanks for the opinion BunchOBull! :)

ARyan_

Mar 17, 2011
Seeing as PAAS said it was likely genuine and the opinion of BunchOBull im just gonna take it as it seems and add it to my collection as a real Mickey Mantle autograph.
Thanks for the help guys!

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Nobody that posts on this board is qualified to authenticate a Mantle signature.

I would guess it's fake.

I'd definitely get a PSA/DNA Quick Opinion.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Jastermereel said:
Nobody that posts on this board is qualified to authenticate a Mantle signature.

I would guess it's fake.

How do you know that no one here is qualified?You would be surprised.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
hofmichael said:
Jastermereel said:

I would guess it's fake.

How do you know that no one here is qualified?You would be surprised.

Where are they hiding? How are they qualified? You're right, I'd be SHOCKED.

Dec 10, 2008
BunchOBull said:

Spot on. My assessment as well.