Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Leake named Reds 5th Starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
pujolsjunkie said:
jbhofmann said:
Those who like power pitchers with big arms are going to hate on Leake. Those who have studied him and understand that he can "pitch" know that his mental makeup is probably one of the best coming out of the draft in a long time. He won't rattle.

Dusty won't have time to mess him up. The Reds have several off days in April and the 5th spot will be skipped a couple of times.

I hope I'm right but then again I could eat crow pie come April 10.

Not scanned
1-Blue
2-X's
1-base

Still would have been better if he started in the minors for his card value. A guy like Leake falls into the Kevin Slowey mold. Once people see he isn't some high velocity dynamo, his prices won't move. It sucks.

I could be wrong but I don't think anybody was investing in this guy for the long term. Personally I saw a guy that was undervalued that had the makeup of Tom Glavine. Glavine had two things working for him his stuff and playing for one of the best dynasties in pro sports. That is how he compiled wins. Leake plays for the team I love. I also know that team pretty well. They are not the early 90's Braves.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I still think Leake gives up 3-4 Runs per 6 Innings -- That's an ERA of 6, which I guess is getting pounded, but he'll keep his team in ballgames.

He won't have as many jaw-dropping games, but I'll tell you this, no one's seen him before. Hell, spectacularly average players that switch league's have a temporary bump.

Also, I didn't realize that no pitcher has skipped the minors since '95 -- Jesus.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/art ... p&c_id=cin

for those of you who'd like the Reds.com article. There's some interesting names on the list. Xavier Nady, anyone?

Members online

Latest posts