Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Witt #702 New York Yankee error card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
I don't see it in the attached image, but that is a plausible answer. How something like that makes it past editors is amazing too, but then again sounds like it didn't and this was the best answer UD could come up with for the initial print run. I wonder why they didn't just pull the card entirely and then insert a new version in future print runs. Seems black boxing it would not be the way to go.

Then again, has anyone confirmed that this card w/ box ever made it into packs and was pulled? If this original guy ended up with a 800 count box of them, it sounds very much like a situation where they caught the error, blacked it out and then pulled the cards from distribution. The box full would have clearly been a back door situation, stolen by some employee and sold off later. Why black them out though in the first place if they were not meant for packs? Why not just pull the cards and skip the black box effort? Imagine how crazy people were for the Ripken FF error. Imagine the craziness around a Witt **** variation!

View attachment 115758Makes me think of that SP Rodman card that everyone thought was his junk hanging out. Could have been a shadow or a tip, but I don't think they ever corrected it. Either way, sounds like cards not meant for the public made their way out anyway. Would love to know the real story behind this and any other error/variation that still remains mostly a mystery.
Ha that’s amazing. I love the errors and oversight cards. If you have this card. Do me a favor and black light it. Much easier to see what I’m seeing if you staring down the barrel of the smoking gun . I want to talk to Witt himself. Only way we will really know ..

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
I bet all the marbles in witts basket thats why there is a black box there ... so the test yourself and you will see.
so when I scanned the card under black light. His pants are clearly on. And buckled .... what they are blocking out is his fly was open. Not his pants ....
under black light scan of the card. His pants and buckle are clearly up . What is blacked out. Is his fly is down ..

Attachments

• A9899289-76AA-4EC8-B8BD-0DD297E6AFCB.jpeg
    A9899289-76AA-4EC8-B8BD-0DD297E6AFCB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
I bet all the marbles in witts basket thats why there is a black box there ... so the test yourself and you will see.
so when I scanned the card under black light. His pants are clearly on. And buckled .... what they are blocking out is his fly was open. Not his pants ....
under black light scan of the card. His pants and buckle are clearly up . What is blacked out. Is his fly is down ..

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020

Trust me. Do the test yourself. Black light my friends. Then we can talk

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I don't know if I have ever seen another member as persistent and excited that he sees another man's *****.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
I don't know if I have ever seen another member as persistent and excited that he sees another man's *****.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Ha. Yup. My friends said that as well . A bit it nostalgia for me ,,, back in high school my buddy did the same thing for team picture in rugby ... slipped right past everyone as well . Until it didn’t. No black box for that one though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Ha that’s amazing. I love the errors and oversight cards. If you have this card. Do me a favor and black light it. Much easier to see what I’m seeing if you staring down the barrel of the smoking gun . I want to talk to Witt himself. Only way we will really know ..
I don't have the card. Never cared all that much for errors, unless i happened upon it cheap or pulled it myself. Would never pay the big $ most people want for most of them.

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
I don't have the card. Never cared all that much for errors, unless i happened upon it cheap or pulled it myself. Would never pay the big $ most people want for most of them.
All personal preference I guess . Thus is life. I enjoy the rarity of it . And the carelessness. We are only human factor . Distinct . Different. A story ... is why I like them

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
True, if we all collected exactly the same thing, it would be a boring hobby. I don't mind the cards themselves, just don't value them at a premium. I like them for their oddness, especially if I have an error and a corrected version to show side by side. I did want a NNOF Frank Thomas when they first got hot (it was around 93/94 before I had heard of it) because I collected him aggressively at the time and almost had one for $200, which I thought was too much, but it had soft corners and never pulled the trigger.

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
True, if we all collected exactly the same thing, it would be a boring hobby. I don't mind the cards themselves, just don't value them at a premium. I like them for their oddness, especially if I have an error and a corrected version to show side by side. I did want a NNOF Frank Thomas when they first got hot (it was around 93/94 before I had heard of it) because I collected him aggressively at the time and almost had one for $200, which I thought was too much, but it had soft corners and never pulled the trigger.
That one for sure is one of my favs. Would love to just lay eyes on one ... I hate soft corners tho even on old old cards.

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
That one for sure is one of my favs. Would love to just lay eyes on one ... I hate soft corners tho even on old old cards.
This one to me is priceless. How pissed are both dudes. Like. That’s not me !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Jan 14, 2009

Absolutely nothing you have said or shown has proven that Witt’s dick is out on that card. In fact, just a basic understanding of human anatomy will show that it isn’t that possible for his dick to be captured in the parameters of the photograph. At least without being both extremely well-endowed and the use of his hands or an apparatus to lift and pull upward.

I will go on record to say that I genuinely wish that Witt’s Dick was hanging out of his pants under that box and that’s why UD pulled the card. It would be a great piece of variation lore. But it simply isn’t true. Every photo you’ve provided only further proves this.

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
Absolutely nothing you have said or shown has proven that Witt’s dick is out on that card. In fact, just a basic understanding of human anatomy will show that it isn’t that possible for his dick to be captured in the parameters of the photograph. At least without being both extremely well-endowed and the use of his hands or an apparatus to lift and pull upward.

I will go on record to say that I genuinely wish that Witt’s Dick was hanging out of his pants under that box and that’s why UD pulled the card. It would be a great piece of variation lore. But it simply isn’t true. Every photo you’ve provided only further proves this.
Hard to capture. Without you seeing it for yourself . I’ve said that over and over ... trust me , no other reason to pull this card. And actually from what I’ve seen. His dick is standard and pencil. He had it out before the shot was taken . Like I said before as well... See for yourself . If you don’t believe. YOU be the judge but only after you have ran it under black light .

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020
Hard to capture. Without you seeing it for yourself . I’ve said that over and over ... trust me , no other reason to pull this card. And actually from what I’ve seen. His dick is standard and pencil. He had it out before the shot was taken . Like I said before as well... See for yourself . If you don’t believe. YOU be the judge but only after you have ran it under black light .
It’s hanging out of his zipper. Anatomy ? You sound like the conspirator not me .. I just ran it under a light that exposed what was underneath . I’ll try to talk to Witt myself so I can finally once and for all provide proof other than the likes of my word or my tech ..

Shaneshack

Aug 22, 2020

I invite you to whip your piece out of your pants from the zipper. And leave it out ... completely possible and I’m going on record as well and sayin, I know a dick when I see it ... and my guy. His dick is out ... anyone have witts number ?! Seriously we need to settle this once and for all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online