Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB--7/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Jaypers said:
jlecates said:
Jaypers said:
jlecates said:
Westmoreland: 2 hits, HR, SB

Definite candidate for the Hot Sheet. Your card will go out tomorrow.

Was kind of thinking the same thing. Thanks JP - and congrats, you synced that sale perfectly with an upswing in production (nicely done).

It rarely happens to me, so I was pleasantly surprised.
And that sig is priceless - awesome that he's holding the sign :lol:

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Pedro Alvarez with 2 hits and 2 RBI. Now hitting .289 with Altoona after the .247 start with Lynchburg. Still striking out way too much though.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Jon Waltenbury: 2-4 1R 1RBI

Logan Schafer: 3-3 1 double 1 run 1 rbi 1 walk -- .357 15 hits 5 doubles 2 home runs 7 RBI 3 walks 1 strike out (last 10).

Aneury Rodriguez: 7IP 1H 1BB 6K

Angel Morales: 1-3 1HR 4RBI (.438 w/ 8RBI last 10 games)

Johnny Giavotella: 2-3 -- 15 hits last 10 games.

James Darnell has a double tonight.

Charlie Blackmon: 1-4 1HR 2RBI

Stephen Fife: 5.2IP 6H 2R 1ER 0BB 7K

John Ely: 7IP 3H 0R 0ER 2BB 6K

Neil Ramirez: 5IP 1H 0R 0ER 2BB 2K (W)

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Thank goodness, I think he's back!

Michael Taylor: 2-for-2, HR(2 in his first 8 AAA gms), 2RBI's, .269 avg thus far in AAA...

He's played in AAA going on 8 games now so I figured he should start showing life by this weekend or mid-week next week (as it usually takes him 12-14 games to get acclimated to a new level)! He's hit 2 2B's & a HR before this game (he just hit his 2nd HR in AAA in tonights game) so I don't think he's really stumped by AAA pitching, it just takes him time to settle in at each level. I'm hoping he continues his progress & shows up in Philly by Sept.!!! :D

Interesting take on Michael Taylor by John Sickels...

[Taylor made adjustments to his swing during '08 spring training, and the results were remarkable: he hit .361/.441/.554 in 67 games for Lakewood in the Sally League, then .329/.380/.560 in 65 games for Clearwater in the Florida State League, hitting 39 doubles, 19 homers, stealing 15 bases, and posting a 50/89 BB/K ratio in 492 at-bats last year. Scouts reported that his swing still needed some adjustments, and not everyone believed that he'd be able to repeat these numbers against advanced pitching. I wrote in the 2009 book that Taylor had long arms and might be vulnerable to inside pitches at higher levels, giving him a rather conservative Grade B rating.

The Phillies opened Taylor in Double-A this year, with outstanding results: .333/.408/.569, 15 homers, 18 steals in 22 attempts, and a 35/51 BB/K ratio in 318 at-bats. He was promoted to Triple-A last week, and so far he's 5-for-24 (.208) with two doubles, a homer, three walks, and seven strikeouts. Obviously the Triple-A sample size is too small to mean much at this point, but by the end of August we will have a better read on how he's made the adjustment. Certainly his Eastern League numbers are very much in line with what he did last year.

There are a lot of things to like about Taylor. He's always had the tools, and his skill advancement looks legitimate to me. He uses his intelligence well, studying pitchers and showing the ability to make needed adjustments with his swing and his strike zone judgment. His work ethic is highly-rated. Of course, being smart and hard-working doesn't mean you'll succeed even when you have the physical tools to go with it, but it certainly helps a lot, and right now I think Taylor deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's definitely a Grade B+ prospect at least right now, and if the end-of-season Triple-A numbers are solid he could get a Grade A-.

He turns 24 in December, so he's not a super-young prospect, giving him less future projection than a Jason Heyward or Michael Stanton. But Taylor's across-the-board tools and blossoming skills are very intriguing; he doesn't have an "old player" profile. I can see him developing into something like a cross between Hunter Pence and Mike Cameron.
/quote]

Members online