Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Misjudging the Market - Alan Trammell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I had a chance to buy a 1995 UD Series 2 Retail box for $30 a few years ago, and passed, then it disappeared. Pretty sure it's been said that some of the S2 Golds have never been seen, and that might have been one of the only Trammells that exists.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I had a chance to buy a 1995 UD Series 2 Retail box for $30 a few years ago, and passed, then it disappeared. Pretty sure it's been said that some of the S2 Golds have never been seen, and that might have been one of the only Trammells that exists.

Think our discussion around the time of the set break auction concluded that the most copies of any player that can be accounted for is 9 (possibly 10) Juan Gonzalez copies. Most players that have known copies only have 3-5 known copies.

Every player has at least 1 copy out there because there was at least 1 complete set built. I'm sure there are more out there but who knows where.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ah, I didn't realize there was such a massive difference between series 1 and series 2 gold print runs. Really glad my PC checklist doesn't have anything from S2 :)

Cyanoprism

Apr 17, 2013
Happy Valley, OR
I have never seen the Puckett base or refractor from this set. Makes me wonder how much it would go for.
The consensus is that the Puckett does not exist. I have been collecting this set (refractors) for over 8 years now. I'm only 13 away. I, and no one i know collecting this set, have ever seen one. And that goes for the base auto too, which allegedly had a print run of 75. Nothing showed up at the recent Puckett family estate auction, mostly quashing rumors that he kept them and never sent back to Topps.
Despite it being on the checklist I'm resolved to the fact that there are 119 in the set rather than 120 (which drastically affects my symmetrical OCD, but so be it).

I was lucky enough to pick up the Trammell for about $75 shortly before he was inducted into the HOF. But treat the prices of these potentially as 1/1's as they rarely come up. I was outbid for a Marichal at nearly $400.

Cyanoprism

Apr 17, 2013
Happy Valley, OR
I have never seen the Puckett base or refractor from this set. Makes me wonder how much it would go for.
Quite certain the Puckett does not exist. It was on the checklist but likely was never produced or he just threw them away and didn't sign them. A recent family estate auction didn't turn up any either. I guess a Topps employee *could have* stolen them and stored them away, but one would think after 21 years at least one of the base autos would have surfaced.

I had a custom one made as I can't have a set end at 119 cards (Though I still need 8 of the refractors).

*edit - just realized I commented on this two years ago, my bad.

Members online

Latest posts