Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB wants to know about your favorite card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Wow, there's a lot of cards to think about and there should be a LOT of great and interesting answers from everyone here.

I guess for me the first thought is the T206 Wagner and the '52 Mantle, simply because they were and have been pretty much the 2 most iconic cards in the hobby.

However I'm also thinking about the Billy Ripken card for some reason?!?! Guess I'm weird...

My personal favorite if I could even begin to narrow it down would "probably" be a 1989 UD Ken Griffey Jr PSA 10 which was part of my very 1st 4-card PSA submission back in 2001 at the National in Cleveland. I was so stoked!! (I also got a PSA 8 on a '86 Fleer Jordan RC with that same submission which I sold too 😞 but this is about baseball cards).

I really liked the Griffey and wished I'd kept it.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
It's Major League Baseball that wants to know. Did you click on the link ? :unsure: But hey. If anyone wants to talk about their favorite card. I'd like to hear some stories. :giggle:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I submitted the 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson.
Beautiful rookie of my all-time favorite player and the first major rookie card I bought as a kid. I never get tired of looking at it.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
My favorite baseball card of all time will be the next fully licensed one printed by anyone other than Topps.

+1

I have a feeling 70-80% of the answers sent to MLB will be non-Topps cards but their article will show predominantly Topps products with a sprinkle of old tobacco cards. Time will tell!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
It's Major League Baseball that wants to know. Did you click on the link ? :unsure: But hey. If anyone wants to talk about their favorite card. I'd like to hear some stories. :giggle:

Ha! I did read it and then my mind quickly went to some other cards/brands rather than Topps. 🤭

So I haven't figured out what my personal "favorite" is but for me my most "memorable" card is definitely the 1987 Topps Mark McGwire. It's the very first card I purchased when I got back into collecting in 1987.

I still think it would be more interesting though if everybody just tried to come up with their favorite card period, Topps or not.. 😏

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I just destroyed my HP all in one scanner printer copier. 🔨 It was acting up for a while and I finally got tired of it not working most of the time. I have a Epsom V550 that's been sitting in the box for a while. I'll set that up when I want to drive myself crazy again.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I just destroyed my HP all in one scanner printer copier. 🔨 It was acting up for a while and I finally got tired of it not working most of the time. I have a Epsom V550 that's been sitting in the box for a while. I'll set that up when I want to drive myself crazy again.

So I'm guessin no scan of your favorite card.. :LOL:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Indeed.

xpfd64rlqbk61.jpg

Well this is going to be fun.
View attachment 121504

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
My favorite card is probably the 1993 Finest Refractor Frank Thomas. I saved every penny for an entire summer for this card when I was younger! Close second is the 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Frank Thomas. :)

My LEAST favorite cards are the ones that use the same photo for the front and the back. C'mon...you're a major card company with a team of photographers and designers and probably thousands of photos of each player. At least respect the collector enough to use a different image for the back of the card!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Some where around I saw a card with the player above, but the back of the card was incorrect. Someone took the back of an Obak cigarette card for another player and glued the cards together. So the players bio said he runs like a sissy.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I just submitted my personal entry. Any idea when/how they are going to share some of these stories? If someone could post the "story" here that'd be great.

Members online