Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mock Draft (as of 4/17)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
pjnprospects said:
Dustin Ackley is easily the best college bat in the draft. I saw him play and he can really hit!

The best college bat in the draft is Grant Green, hands down. Ackley has a good bat, but his power is a bit suspect at this point. He is right behind Green though, in terms of college bats.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
NECpilgrims8 said:
bballcardkid said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
bballcardkid said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
[quote="bballcardkid":2sn21650]Stassi may be ranked higher than Maddox, but for card purposes, I would stay far far far away. Stassi has very little power, and his current going rate is unsustainable, probably due to his BA ranking.

Edit:

It's great to see Gibson launched into the top 10. I firmly believe he is the second best college arm, and has the most prejection out of any college arm.

So, because he has little power now, means he can't develop it later on? Prospects normally take time to develop their power and we are talking about a HS kid. Add that he is a catcher and the development of power is slowed even more.

I am not a Stassi fan per say, but to label him as overrated and unsustainable is a bit drastic. There are clear reasons he is ranked so far above Maddox and others.

According to the MiLB report, he has very little power "potential." And considering that his USA on card autos are going for about 15 times an Austin Maddox, yes I would call his current levels unsustainable.

So, you take that as gold, to say he is overrated?

At the catcher position, there are SO many other things to take into account besides his power potential. I wouldn't get so caught up in the "sexy" statistics when it come to draft prospects.

Maddox = Big raw power, Very strong arm, poor lateral movement (bases and behind plate), Hands OK

Stassi = "Can go deep, but he's not a big power guy", Good footwork, moves very well behind plate, OK arm strength & could improve

Maddox will likely move off Catcher, while Stassi could be a catcher & leader for a future team. THAT is why he is ranked higher.

Where in my first quote did I say that Stassi is overrated? Please refer to the bolded part of my statement. In no way did I dispute the rankings of the catching prospects whatsoever.

You didn't say the word "overrated", but I took you saying that his prices are unsustainable over a player like Maddox to portray that.

Personally, I feel that maddox has two tools (power & arm), which would bode very well for the RF. Besides that, I don't see much else about Maddox that would make teams flock to draft him.

Stassi, even though I have no thoughts of investing in him, has multiple tools to be a feature backstop to a future club in need. The powe might not be there now, but his frame bodes well to add strength and power later on.[/quote:2sn21650]

I'm speaking strickly in terms of purchasing cards. I don't understand the difference in prices. Stassi is a quality prospect for his cards to be where they are right now in comparison to other players in the USA set is confusing. FTW, I own 0 cards of either.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
bballcardkid said:
cowboysrule48 said:
I really hope Gibson doesn't go to SF. I don't want to have to compete with Wossa for his cards.

Look on the bright side, he will pay top dollar for the cards in your sig. ;)

As of now, I really have no plan on moving them in the future unless I really need the money for something(like what we discussed before we lost to UConn haha.)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
pjnprospects said:
Dustin Ackley is easily the best college bat in the draft. I saw him play and he can really hit!

The best college bat in the draft is Grant Green, hands down. Ackley has a good bat, but his power is a bit suspect at this point. He is right behind Green though, in terms of college bats.

I'd say Ackley is the best bat, or atleast a better pure hitter, but Green is the better prospect, especially if Ackley doesn't convert well to CF.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Brett Keith said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
pjnprospects said:

I'd say Ackley is the best bat, or atleast a better pure hitter, but Green is the better prospect, especially if Ackley doesn't convert well to CF.
I agree alot of scouts have compared Green to Tulo potential wise. Is it just me or does this draft seem pretty weak behind Stras? Probably doesn't hurt 07 & 08 were stacked though.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
aw00d05 said:
Brett Keith said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
pjnprospects said:

I agree alot of scouts have compared Green to Tulo potential wise. Is it just me or does this draft seem pretty weak behind Stras? Probably doesn't hurt 07 & 08 were stacked though.

It seems weak in position players, especially college bats. The two strengths are pitching and prep catchers.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Brett Keith said:
aw00d05 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":1l1tnkgg]
NECpilgrims8 said:
pjnprospects said:

It seems weak in position players, especially college bats. The two strengths are pitching and prep catchers.[/quote:1l1tnkgg]
Yeah the mock had 5-6 prep pitchers that I can just think of off the top of my head, last year was extremely stacked with college bats.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
a friend of mine's kid plays with Zack Wheeler at East Paulding. And the braves cross checker was there last week and said if Mike Minor is on the board, then they'll take him, if not, they will take Zack Wheeler. He is a good fit for them.
Oh yea.. Zack Struck out 14 last week in a game vs Woodstock. Woodstock pitcher also struck out 14.. Nice strike zone BLUE

Members online

Latest posts