Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****MONDAY MORNING THREAD*****7/31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Doctor finally got a diagnosis on my wife's condition.

Bloodwork shows a tick-borne disease called Babesiosis. Parasite that invades red blood cells. Rare, only 3000 cases in US/year.
Similar symptoms to malaria. High fevers, fatigue, dry cough, no appetite...

Treatment -2 antibiotics and a foul tasting emulsion that she has to take for 3 weeks.
Hopefully it gets knocked out

Need prayers

P
I hope she gets better quick.

Dodgerfan74

Oct 6, 2008

Bloodwork shows a tick-borne disease called Babesiosis. Parasite that invades red blood cells. Rare, only 3000 cases in US/year.

Treatment -2 antibiotics and a foul tasting emulsion that she has to take for 3 weeks.

Need prayers

P
Prayers for your wife

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yah, that was a good time. Really nice to meet @MrMet2.0 and his family. His son sure is into baseball! Takes after his old man I guess :)

A funny aside about the card he brought me (which I had to have shipped to his house, because the seller wouldn't ship to Colorado). One way out of the pub I stopped at the men's room, and as I pulled out my phone to see what time it was, the card came with it. It was in a 2-part plastic holder which promptly split open as it hit the floor, and sent the card skidding along the floor. A floor which, uh, had a coating on it of things you normally find on men's room floors. I just had to laugh. After all that effort and a cross country trip, I do that to it...

By the way, open invitation to FCB members who might be in the Denver area. I'm happy to offer suggestions of what to do around here, and even have a beer with you if you're up for it!

Morning all, another fun day in Denver yesterday, got to the Denver museum of nature and science around 11am and closed the place down at 5 and I’m still not sure we saw everything, then went to the Bull and Bush Brewery and had some great food, beer and conversation with fellow FCB member @banjar. He was very helpful with stuff arojnd the denver area so it was really nice to meet up have a beer and chat!

Now my son and I are headed to Mile High Comics while the wife’s at work

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Good luck to her! Hopefully the treatment does the trick. It seems to be pretty effective from what the web tells me.

Need prayers

P

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
That is the question indeed. Here's his statement at the bottom of the listing:

PLEASE READ: NO SHIPPING TO HARRISBURG & PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA, NO SHIPPING TO THE STATES OF KENTUCKY, NORTH CAROLINA, FLORIDA, CALIFORNIA, OREGON, WASHINGTON, ARIZONA, UTAH, COLORADO, WYOMING, NEVADA, NEW MEXICO, IDAHO, MONTANA, AND ANY WEST COAST/WESTERN STATES! NO BIDDERS WITH LESS THAN 50 FEEDBACK!!

I don't see a pattern here. It's both red and blue states, heavy on the western states but also includes some east coast, and two cities in Pennsylvania for good measure. Best guess is that he had one problem with the PO in each of these states, and decided never to ship there again. I'm not sure he understands the whole idea of making money by selling on ebay...

@banjar

Why wouldn’t the seller ship to Colorado?

Members online

Latest posts