Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Money Orders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I have never sent a money order before as I have done all my transactions with paypal. I was wondering how it works. Does the money order automatically coming with tracking numbers or notifies you when the money order is received/activated? Also how much does it cost to ship and what the fees (if any) are like? All help is appreciated, thank you.
-KJ

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
IndyMann said:
You should have a receipt for your money order with the number. You can call the MO company to see if it's been cashed. I think!
Ok, thanks for the information.

Do you know how much it costs to send money orders? (like example 25 bucks?)

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
darocker80 said:
IndyMann said:
You should have a receipt for your money order with the number. You can call the MO company to see if it's been cashed. I think!

I haven't sent a money order in a few months but last one cost me 90 cents. So if it was $25, It would cost you $25.90 to purchase.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
You can buy a MO from USPS for like $1.49 (Domestic...International is a little more expensive)...Walmart has them cheaper

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Fandruw25 said:
darocker80 said:
IndyMann said:

I haven't sent a money order in a few months but last one cost me 90 cents. So if it was $25, It would cost you $25.90 to purchase.
Ok thank you very much.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Ken,

The $30 was a joke.

A MO costs less than two dollars [+ however much it is for] and it is the cost of a stamp to mail it out. I love MOs

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
i43770 said:
I think on the West Coast, WINCO, has the cheapest price on money orders. Last time I got one there it was 25 cents.
h mm never heard of winco. if i go to the PO it'll be around a buck something. no biggie.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
darocker80 said:
i43770 said:
I think on the West Coast, WINCO, has the cheapest price on money orders. Last time I got one there it was 25 cents.
h mm never heard of winco. if i go to the PO it'll be around a buck something. no biggie.

It's a grocery store that is only in; Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California and Oregon.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
i43770 said:
darocker80 said:
i43770 said:

It's a grocery store that is only in; Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California and Oregon.
Ah I see. i've been to all those states and never seen one :?

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
darocker80 said:
i43770 said:
darocker80 said:
i43770 said:

They are mainly in the out-skits of major cities. There is one on one side of Eugene and one on the other side of Springfield.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
i43770 said:
darocker80 said:
i43770 said:
darocker80 said:
i43770 said:

They are mainly in the out-skits of major cities. There is one on one side of Eugene and one on the other side of Springfield.
ah ok thanks. next time i'm visiting oregon (relatives) i'll cehck it out

kharmon

Mar 24, 2009
West Texas
I work for a bank. With the bank I work for, certain types of checking accounts get free money orders and travelers cheques. Check with your bank if you have a checking acct. and see if they charge you for MO's based on the type of acct. you have with them.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
kharmon said:
I work for a bank. With the bank I work for, certain types of checking accounts get free money orders and travelers cheques. Check with your bank if you have a checking acct. and see if they charge you for MO's based on the type of acct. you have with them.
thanks for the heads up. any idea on wells fargo haha

kharmon

Mar 24, 2009
West Texas
darocker80 said:
kharmon said:
thanks for the heads up. any idea on wells fargo haha

As a matter of fact....that's who I work for!!! :D

Members online

Latest posts