Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More "proof" chrome "autograph" cards popping up on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
55342a_bowman_platinum_sheet_zps4b4c93f1.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Same seller just listed 2010 supers, expect more Bowman Platinums listed soon as well. He obviously won the Higgins and Scott auction: "(3) 2010-2011 Topps/Bowman Chrome & Tribute Uncut Superfractor, Refractor & Relic Uncut Sheets" about a month ago and cut them up. The auction for all the sheets went for (only) about $600.

Seller conveniently fails to mention he cut them off of sheets; he's still listing these as 'test proofs'.

2010_topps_chrome_sheet1_zpsaa66cc14.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow. Makes me think of the sample BS sheets or samples I see sold on eBay... Said buyer could just carefully cut and sell as is. Damn. I need to be careful.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Wow. Makes me think of the sample BS sheets or samples I see sold on eBay... Said buyer could just carefully cut and sell as is. Damn. I need to be careful.

Yes, it makes one wonder how much this has happened (or will) with uncut sheets of other types of cards... its just easier to discover with 1/1s. Seems it would be easy enough for Topps to correct if they were to include a contract clause that prohibits/penalizes this type of behavior by printers.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yes, it makes one wonder how much this has happened (or will) with uncut sheets of other types of cards... its just easier to discover with 1/1s. Seems it would be easy enough for Topps to correct if they were to include a contract clause that prohibits/penalizes this type of behavior by printers.

Yea, like these! I've seen so many of these on eBay and I've passed on them (although they're cool) but now I feel like the buyer will just cut them and sell them individuallly... some cards which I actually need and are rare... ugh

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHrjR5BRfyypKoyw~~60_3.JPG

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Same seller just listed 2010 supers, expect more Bowman Platinums listed soon as well. He obviously won the Higgins and Scott auction: "(3) 2010-2011 Topps/Bowman Chrome & Tribute Uncut Superfractor, Refractor & Relic Uncut Sheets" about a month ago and cut them up. The auction for all the sheets went for (only) about $600.

Seller conveniently fails to mention he cut them off of sheets; he's still listing these as 'test proofs'.

2010_topps_chrome_sheet1_zpsaa66cc14.jpg

I was bidding in that auction. I thought a superfractor sheet would look AWESOME framed in my man room.

Once it hit $500, I knew there were profit motives there. Don't have the desire or knowledge as to cutting up individual cards.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Topps can prevent this by not making extra sheets of 1/1's. If a card is damaged, then you're SOL but if you look at the bright side, its still a 1/1. :D

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Seller moved on to listing a sheet full of Bowman platinum 'supers'.

There's no reason to think these cards are 1/1s as there could be multiple sheets floating around as mentioned above - - perhaps enough of us could report these cards for this very reason alone - I just did just to see what would happen. Anyone game?

Last edited:

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Imagine if someone backdoored a sheet with a reserve of the '06 Longoria Super... :-|

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts